Author Topic: Spalling / Morrison  (Read 10599 times)

Offline margaretspalling

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Spalling / Morrison
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 19 November 13 14:31 GMT (UK) »
I wonder is that where Joseph and Martha and their children who died are interred as I cannot find where they are interred although I do know that Martha Morrison's death was registered in Ballymoney but I guess the death certs. might tell me more.

Any ideas?  And sorry to keep on giving you more questions to answer

Margaret

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 19 November 13 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Your Spallings are not buried in the Presbyterian churchyard (or at least there is no headstone or plot for them).

Ballymoney is the registration district which takes in a lot more than the town itself- actually comes across the River Bann and meets Coleraine district, so Martha may have died quite close to Bovagh. The death certificate will give an exact place but not where she was buried. If there was a newspaper announcement of the death it might give funeral details- really depends on when the notice was placed in paper.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline margaretspalling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 19 November 13 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Hopefully there is something cos the few I have looked for in the Death Notices in the Coleraine Chronicle shows nothing and if hers is the same then I am stumped as to where to look as most of the church records I have looked at do not have burial records  ???

Offline margaretspalling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 20 November 13 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Me again,

Yet another question for you if you don't mind?  Can you tell me, do you know if Sandy has any living relations now? And any ideas where I could look next to find out more on the Spallin's. Thanks once again

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 20 November 13 12:50 GMT (UK) »
A friend stopped in yesterday afternoon and I asked a few questions and later an older friend rang (Johnny Spallin worked to them for about 40 years) so I asked LOTS more questions. Can't post most of the information online but neighbour across from where we now live is connected (actually her late husband was) but I think it could be a bit messy for several reasons.
However, neither of my friends remember your Spallings living in or near Bovagh so will try a third friend (Johnny's brother Sandy worked to them for years) at some point to see if he can remember his father mentioning them.

Offline margaretspalling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 21 November 13 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hey there,  Just checking to see if you got any more info.  Hope you doing ok

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 21 November 13 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Have been busy and expecting company tonight so baking and cleaning in progress. Do have more information but am trying to make sense of some of it before I try to explain.

Offline Carsie1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 19 April 14 02:44 BST (UK) »
@Margaret Spalling I'm currently using Wikitreethis is the same John Spalling which would your 3 times great grandfather  http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Spalling-3

Bella Morrison/Spalling married a ancestor of mine Samuel Conley and they had a son John "Fifer" Conley and possible another one going by the 1911 census for Carnaboy, however Samuel Conley could have been born out of weblock or Samuel could have took on Samuel Conley's name. But in saying that I've found no birth records as of yet for Samuel Jr. 

As for Martha Spalling (1896) born in Ballymoney her parents are Jane Spalling nee Beverland and her father is James Spalling
McCluney/Matthews both Coleraine and Kells & Connor
Freeman Loughan and Ballymoney
Conley/Woods Coleraine
Harbinson Coleraine/Canada

Offline NanBriggs435

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for Hugh Morrison, b. 1760 Northern Ireland and d. 1839 Pennsylvania, USA.  His wife was Isabella Wilson, daughter of a wealthy man, William Wilson.  After Hugh and Isabella eloped, her father disowned her.  She was born N. Ireland 1768 and died 1852 in Pennsylvania, USA.  6 sons were named Thomas, James, Joseph, John, Matthew and William, all born  in Pennsylvania, USA.  They may have emigrated between 1788 and 1793. Any information on a Morrison family  with a Hugh or Andrew who worked for the Wilson family as tutors would be appreciated.