Author Topic: New and looking for help  (Read 1040 times)

Offline AaronF

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
New and looking for help
« on: Thursday 21 November 13 16:07 GMT (UK) »
My name is Aaron. I have some family history but I cannot find much. My ancestor was James Bell I. He received a land grant in 1780 from the State of North Carolina. He lived in present day East Tennessee. We know where the family cemetery is located but no head stones. My family history states that we are Bell of the Boarders but that is all I know. I would love more information on where I can find the missing pieces. Thank You

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: New and looking for help
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 November 13 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello, and welcome to Rootschat!

Can you tell us any more about James BELL?  Do you know when/where he was born, for instance?  What sort of information are you looking for?

In the meantime, I'll move your query to the US board. ;)

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AaronF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 November 13 02:44 GMT (UK) »
As far as I know he was born in North Carolina but I am not 100% sure. I have a name and land grant. A date of birth is c. 1750's but not sure. Thank You

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 November 13 08:00 GMT (UK) »
"Bell of the Boarders" may be Bell of the Borders meaning one of the Bell families of Northumberland UK on the border with Scotland.