Author Topic: Laptop charger plug  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Laptop charger plug
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 November 13 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the advice.  :)

We put the pin back into the socket and (touch wood) it has stayed there but it does get used a lot so no doubt it will give up at some time. I'd already looked at the website of my local computer shop when I thought it was the plug and the first thing on the repairs and service menu was about socket replacement, seems it's a common problem. They have a standard charge of 49.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Cai Thomas

• RootsChat Member
  • Here to research Wolley, Toole, Thomas, Hemmens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 December 13 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the advice.  :)

We put the pin back into the socket and (touch wood) it has stayed there but it does get used a lot so no doubt it will give up at some time. I'd already looked at the website of my local computer shop when I thought it was the plug and the first thing on the repairs and service menu was about socket replacement, seems it's a common problem. They have a standard charge of 49.

I would buy a new socket/adapter because if the pin gets stuck in the computer you will haver an entirely different problem where you could send up having to replace a powerboard for the sake of a 5 adaptor.
Wolley (London, Middlesex), Toole (London & Kings Langley hertfordshire, Bertout, Dadge, Griffiths, Worsley (Lancashire), Lewis & Tift (Lancashire), Mapstone/Mabston/Mapston

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 December 13 17:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, good advice, I'm onto it! I phoned my local computer shop last week, they can't do it till Thursday this week! They actually said to bring it in on Wednesday and they should be able to let me have it back by Thursday. Don't know how that works, that says to me that it's booked in for Wednesday but I'm not going to argue.  ;)

Unfortunately it'll be the 49 job not a fiver but a lot cheaper than a new computer.

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales