Author Topic: Juliet Haddon photographer  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Historycat

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Juliet Haddon photographer
« on: Monday 25 November 13 15:19 GMT (UK) »
I have a couple of photographs taken by Juliet Haddon of my mother and my uncle, I would guess the date to be early to mid 1950's.  I can remember that there was third photograph of my aunt, but this is no longer in the family.  Does anyone know whether Juliet Haddon's archive of negatives has survived anywhere as I would like to try and find the missing photo if at all possible?
Malim (any) Wilde, Mase/Mace Bagshaw (Norwich/Norfolk), Almond (London, Staffs, S America, Thanet) Hart, Sharp/e Lincs, Smith (London) Ware (London) Blower (Hants Essex) Webb, Holmes (Suffolk Essex) Warcup (London, W Indies) Hallam (Leics) Johnson and Noon Derbyshire

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Juliet Haddon photographer
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Juliet Haddon had a studio at 101 Victoria Street in St Albans. 

HALS has some references to her.

http://www.hertsdirect.org/services/leisculture/heritage1/hals/

Have you tried contacting St Albans Museum?

http://www.stalbansmuseums.org.uk/

Searching the name "Juliet Haddon" returns 9 matches, which are pictures she took of the Town Mayors, but they may know what happened to her archives, if they still exist.

Steve

**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Historycat

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Juliet Haddon photographer
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 December 13 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks I will give them a try.
Malim (any) Wilde, Mase/Mace Bagshaw (Norwich/Norfolk), Almond (London, Staffs, S America, Thanet) Hart, Sharp/e Lincs, Smith (London) Ware (London) Blower (Hants Essex) Webb, Holmes (Suffolk Essex) Warcup (London, W Indies) Hallam (Leics) Johnson and Noon Derbyshire