Author Topic: SOLOMAN/SOLOMON family of Carlton Colville  (Read 3586 times)

Offline GillUK48

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
SOLOMAN/SOLOMON family of Carlton Colville
« on: Saturday 18 June 05 11:17 BST (UK) »
I am researching the Soloman/Solomon family of Carlton Colville. I have quite a lot of info gleaned from censuses, parish records, and another person researching the same family. What  would really like is more personal info and maybe photos (of people, places, gravestones - anything!). I would also love to hear from anyone else researching the same line. Other names which cross into that family, all from Carlton Colville or surrounding area, are:

Fisher-Hobbs
Porter
Harman
Dennington
Foulger
Walton
Holt
Whyet
Manning
George
Girling
Peek/Peak/Peake
Bunn
Long
Moore
Barrett
Cooper
Gooch
Prior

Looking forward to meeting new friends!  ;)

Regards

Gill

Offline GranvilleT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Soloman/Solomon family of Carlton Colville
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 June 05 13:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Gill,

My 3x Great Grandmother was Susannah Solomon, born abt 1817 in Carlton Colville.  She married William Foulger born abt 1816 in Carlton Colville on 8/1/1839 in CC.  Does this tie in with your information?  Perhaps we could share information.

Thanks

Chris
Carter - Northampton 1800s
Bacon - Essex
Foulger - Suffolk
White - Beds

Offline GillUK48

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 June 05 00:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

This does indeed tie in with my information, and I have three of her siblings, her parents and the names of her grandparents, but there I am stuck. I'd love to share info with you. If you want to email me off-list, my address is gill.star at btopenworld.com (replace " at " with "@").

Regards

Gill

Offline Jocie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Gill
Noticed you had Dennington in your list. I am doing a one-name study on Dennington and it's variants and have not come across anyone in Carlton Colville. Would it be possible for you to let me know the details of your Denningtons.  If they tie up with anything I have that would be of help to you I will willingly send you any information I have
Jo
LANCASTER - London Kent Sussex Croydon
CLEMMANS - London Kent Sussex
ROCHE - London
WARE - Kent
SPENCER - Kent
NEWNHAM - Sussex
FISHER - London Norfolk
DENNINGTON - London
MONTAGUE - Kent

Any census lookups are Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline char80yellow

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SOLOMAN/SOLOMON family of Carlton Colville
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 March 06 11:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am just starting out on the Solomon side of my family as have completed my mothers side now.  There are a large number of them from Carlton Colville, and i still have many relative living in the area, but as yet data is rather vague.  My  great grandad was Napoleon Bonaparte Solomon (deceased 01.02.1975 aged 54)who he was married to May Alice Solomon (deceased 30.06.1983 aged ?95/96).  I do have photographs of these graves. 

Also if it is of any help there was a book out in 2000 Called Carlton Colville: A Village history based on the millenium exhibition (which is available on Amazon for £4.95) which is full of the villages history and pictures.  Much of which surrounds the Solomon family.  There are some really useful pictures etc in there.  It contains many of my aunts and uncles but as yet don't have the details. 

So if anyone can help, it would be appreciated and would love to speak to others.  Thanks and hope to hear from you soon

Charlotte Edwards

Offline GranvilleT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 March 06 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for the information on Carlton Colville.  I will have to order the book, sounds like it will be useful.

If you would like to swap information please email on

Email addy removed to prevent spamming and other abuses.  Please use our secure PERSONAL MESSAGING System to exchange personal information.
Thanks

Chris
Carter - Northampton 1800s
Bacon - Essex
Foulger - Suffolk
White - Beds

Offline albert

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 03 October 10 15:04 BST (UK) »
Charlotte

I have just started to research my family history from both my mothers and fathers side. My father being a Soloman and my mother being a Baxter, both long established Carlton Colville families. I hope your research has gone well and I see that it is 4 years since you posted this so you may have given up, got what you need  or still be looking for more information. If you are, I may be able to help and it would seem that we must be related as my Grandfather was Napoleon Bonaparte Soloman and Grandmother Alice May. In fact "Poley" was 84 when he died not 54 and Alice May I think was 92. I can go back to my Great, Great, Great, Great Grandparents Charles Napier Solomon b. about 1740 and Susanna Pope b. about 1768.

If I can assist please get back to me.

Regards

Andy Solomon

Offline SOLOMON SJ

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 16:32 BST (UK) »
my name is ( steven ) jack solomon

son of JACK SOLOMON ( 27/01/19 - - 06/05/12 )

born clarks lane carlton colville )

AND

MARJORIE SOLOMON ( 01/01/29 - - ? )

born "woodfarm" Benacre

i am a genuine "carlton clan" solomon & direct descendent of the legendary
"napoleon bonaparte solomon"

i have a fair bit of family geneology if theres anything i can help you with ?