Author Topic: Stuck with Goodliffe's in Surrey  (Read 2545 times)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck with Goodliffe's in Surrey
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 28 November 13 12:32 GMT (UK) »

Many thanks again to all who looked.

It seems that Harry Goodliff was a Grocer.

Cheers, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline David Goodliff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello Romilly
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Romilly,  Just seen your message which is now several years old. My father was Peter Gordon Goodliff (Granddad took the E off the end which may have thrown you). His parents you correctly quote as Fred and Lily. Fred had a brother that we found when Mum got a letter published in a newspaper and there was a reunion. You were looking for a friend. Please let me know who I can help and how I can help. Kind regards David

Offline David Goodliff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Romilly
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello Romilly, I have just seen your message which is now several years old. You were looking on behalf of a friend for Peter Gordon Goodliff whose parents you correctly quoted as Lily and Fred. Well I am the son of Peter Goodliff - granddad (Fred) took the E off the end which may have hindered your search.. Please let me know who I can help and how. Fred had a brother whom we found when Mum had a letter printed in a newspaper when I was a small child and there was a reunion.
Kind Regards from David

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 21:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello David,

I've just found your Posts on here. Welcome to Rootschat btw. You'll find my thread on the Surrey Goodliff's at:

topics merged

You can reply to that thread, or you can send me a personal message, (PM). However, you need to make 3 Posts on RC before you can send or recieve PM's. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Best Wishes, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline David Goodliff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 22 March 18 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Yes that is absolutely my father and when he died - there is a LOT that came afterwards that I am happy to share all these years later, tell me, who is  looking for him and why? I can supply birth certs for my late grandparents and their dates as requested in the original message. Kind Regards David

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck with Goodliffe's in Surrey
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 22 March 18 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

Welcome to RootsChat, I have just attached your messages to the topic on the Goodliffe's.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk