Author Topic: Richard Orford Lamprey  (Read 19426 times)

Offline meath999

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Orford Lamprey
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi, just to confirm some of the data you have on Dr. Lamprey, I visited the Library in the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland on Kildare Street in Dublin earlier today. They have sets of all The Medical Registers going back through the 19th and 18th centuries. In the 1879 "The Medical Register" page 375, there is an entry for Lamprey,Richard Orford. Residing at 17, St Ann's Park, Wandsworth, London SW.Date Registered 1879, Jan 1. Qualifications. Lic. Coll. Phys. Edin. 1878. Lic. Coll. Surg. Edin. 1878.

Also, they have a library of clippings, one of which is an obituary for Dr. Lamprey from The (British) Medical Journal 3.XI. 1906. It is obviously the same one referred to above, but the copy is clearly readable. If you wish, you could send me a PM with an email address, and I will scan it and mail it to you.

Happy Hunting

Kevin (Meath999)

Offline LeonardRileyIII

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Kevin,
I am a bit confused! It appears I may be information from two people, you Kevin and a Delfia (sp). Really appreciate the input. If you live in Dublin, would it be possible to visit with you, just to put a face to a page? Wendy is in Dublin as I write. She plans to visit the Dublin City Library today to see if the 1851 census lists members of the household or just heads of household. Afraid the latter might be true. Trying to locate Richard O's
family in 1851. Wendy returns to Dublin on 9 and again on 16 December. Yesterday she checked the loads on her aircraft and right now there are empty seats. If the planes don't fill up by the 16th I hope to meet her in New York and fly with her to Dublin and stay until she returns on the 22nd.
   I just yesterday received an e-mail from another living Lamprey who lives in England He descends from a brother of Rev George William Lamprey, father of Richard O. Lamprey. Bill

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 18:26 GMT (UK) »
We aren't allowed to post email addresses- you'll need to go back, click modify to your latest post, remove the address then click save. It is explained in the Help pages under Posting Guidelines. Once a member has 3 posts they can exchange personal details by PM (Personal Message).

Added- this topic about 1851 census might be of interest but there's lots about it online:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=395912.0
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline LeonardRileyIII

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 18:51 GMT (UK) »
How do I send a "Personal Message"? How do I edit and resend my message to Kevin? Bill

Offline LeonardRileyIII

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Kevin,
   I am not familiar with how to send a PM (Personal Message). Checked "Help" and still confused. There is a slight posibility that I might be able to visit Dublin 18-20 DEC. If you could give me a
phone number perhaps I could call you when I get in. I tried to send you my e-mail address but my message was rejected. Can't send e-mails in this format.
I am a bit confused! It appears I may be information from two people, you Kevin and a Dathia (sp). Really appreciate the input. If you live in Dublin, would it be possible to visit with you, just to put a face to a page? Wendy is in Dublin as I write. She plans to visit the Dublin City Library today to see if the 1851 census lists members of the household or just heads of household. Afraid the latter might be true. Trying to locate Richard O's
family in 1851. Wendy returns to Dublin on 9 and again on 16 December. Yesterday she checked the loads on her aircraft and right now there are empty seats. If the planes don't fill up by the 16th I hope to meet her in New York and fly with her to Dublin and stay until she returns on the 22nd.
   I just yesterday received an e-mail from another living Lamprey who lives in England He descends from a brother of Rev George William Lamprey, father of Richard O. Lamprey. Bill

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 21:11 GMT (UK) »
How do I send a "Personal Message"? How do I edit and resend my message to Kevin? Bill

It is explained in the Help pages-
Personal Messages: http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Modify Posts: http://www.rootschat.com/help/faqs.php#mistake

Offline LeonardRileyIII

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Kevin, I just got a Google Hangout call from Wendy. She is staying in a hotel up near the Green not far from the National Library. She did visit the City Library and confirmed that the 1851 census only lists the head of the family. Then she checked newspapers. In the Freeman Journal for 30 AUG 1840 she found "18th inst. at Ballintemple, Glebe, Wicklow, of the lady of G.W. Lamprey, a son." I
may not have copied that perfectly, but the gist. This might be for birth of Richard Orford Lamprey.
A shame the name wasn't listed, but then maybe babies weren't named at birth. Bill

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Birth announcements were not usually submitted to the newspapers but those that were seldom (almost never) listed the son or daughter by name nor the wife.

If you can't remove your email address then please click on 'report to moderator' so that it can be done for you (after 24 hours your option disappears and it would have to be done by a moderator).

Offline LeonardRileyIII

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 03 December 13 22:50 GMT (UK) »
I went back to the message I wrote which included my e-mail address and copied all but the address and included it in a subsequent reply. I just rechecked on on-line parish records and could not find anything for Richard around 17 AUG 1840. Years ago Wendy and I did visit the RCB south of Dublin and spent several days there. Don't recall if they had Wicklow records or not. Will have to
recheck my notes. Bill