Author Topic: JEWELLER, JONES GRIFFITH(N?) BRECKNOCKSHIRE MOVED TO IRELAND BEF 1796C  (Read 3434 times)

Offline wu k

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
JEWELLER, JONES GRIFFITH(N?) BRECKNOCKSHIRE MOVED TO IRELAND BEF 1796C
« on: Saturday 30 November 13 06:06 GMT (UK) »
Family history claims that the Jones family were an ancient one from Brecknockshire county. Moved to Ireland sometime in the 1700s. My gg-grandfather (Jeremiah Linde) was born there around 1796 and he possibly had a brother named Edward.
Griffith (?) had a jewellery business in Dublin (The Gentlemans and Citizens Almanack for 1798 lists a Griffin Jones at 65 Dame St, Dublin.
Jeremiah ran away to sea at 13 and joined the Royal Navy eventually. He married and had 6 children (born in different parts of the UK), his wife died, he remarried, she died he remarried and had 7 more children (1st in UK rest in Aust). Some of the children have what I regard as pretty unusual names (*I have their baptism record information):
Esther Ann Cannon b 1817*
Sarah (Leah) Seville b 1814*
James Lordgreen b 1820*
Jane Elizabeth Perfect b 1822*
Samuel (Jeremiah) Griffith Bingham b 1827*
Henry Bingham Louis b 1831*
Beresford Richard b 1937
Montgomery b 1941
Charlotte Maria b 1945
Alfred Edmund Dudley b 1856
William Braidwood b 1939
Emily Marie b 1842
Eleanor Linde b 1847

My question is, could my gg-grandfather (Griifith(n)) possibly be traced to Wales somehow? We have no other information about Jeremiah's ancestors. Anyone out there who could help to investigate as I (as well as many others) have not had much luck.  Thanks in anticipation!! ;D