Author Topic: James Richards, Llanerchymedd.  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Richards, Llanerchymedd.
« on: Saturday 30 November 13 16:08 GMT (UK) »
James Richards, (1763-1837), married to Elizabeth Price, (1772-1837).
  They had 6 children, the eldest being John Richards, (1795-1864)
 I was recently having a closer look at a Bond dated 28th. Jan. 1839. James died intestate and this bond was taken to the Bishop's Court at Bangor ...it is in fact a request that the Bishop recognizes William Richards as the inheritor of James' estate. Tucked away in the legal jargon is an affirmation that William Richards is the natural son of James, and is therefore his next of kin.
 I had never heard of a son, William, until reading this document, always thinking that John Richards was the next of kin, him being the eldest. The six children that are known to me are well documented ... this includes photographs of their gravestones in St. Mary's Llanerchymedd and elsewhere. Can anyone shed a light on the newly discovered eldest son, William. He would have been born circa 1790-1794.
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Richards, Llanerchymedd.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 December 13 09:10 GMT (UK) »
I have just discovered another Bond, dated the 2nd of May, 1857. In this bond, Edward Richards of Ynys Fawr, Llandyfrydog, states that William has died, unmarried, and that he (Edward) is the brother and next of Kin. At the time of death, William was living in Cemaes.
(Edward, 1798-1872, is the next son (after John), of James Richards.
 Can anybody find an entry for William in Cemaes?
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.