Author Topic: James Healey b1806 Winslow.  (Read 6777 times)

Offline MHGC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Healey b1806 Winslow.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 07 September 17 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hello cockneyrebel  - thanks again.  This game opens up more riddles then we have time to solve.   Haven't been in Fam. History for ages but a cousin of Gary's from N.Z. rang and is keen for info. So... interest rekindled.  We visited Friston and area in 2006 and saw a Moss on a memorial in the churchyard.
I presume the Henry and Emily photos are Edward moss's children.  Would just love to see them.
I really don't know what you don't know, of course, but if there is anything that I MAY know I'd love to pass it on.
You mentioned NOONAN. Edward MOSS and Helen HONNOR's child Edith married Joseph England NOONAN in Auckland.  1916.
Back in 2010 a Lord Martyn (I found on Ancestry)   and decended from emma WELCHMAN helped me enormously with that side of the Healey/Welchmans. Bye for now

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 07 September 17 13:20 BST (UK) »
Sent you a personal message.
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 07 September 17 15:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you  cockneyrebel  -  for Mary Ann B. 1840.  However, on Cambridge Family History Society  1841 Census there is James, Jane, james, Jane then Charlotte 1year. All St. Mary the Great, Cambridge with same Film No and Folio No.  BUT curiously also Charlotte  1year again, with different Folio No. ??    Mary Ann/ Charlotte - confusing.
  I made a mistake with Jane Watkins' arrival.  1856 per 'Strathmore' to Port Chalmers.  I don't know when James Snr. arrived in N.Z. but think in 1849.
My husband is decended from Jane Watkins HEALEY  who married Henry HONNOR (from Uxbridge,England)  Their daughter Helen/Helene married Edward MOSS (from Australia  -  his Mother was a Convict from Scotland and his Grandfather MOSS a Convict also - from Suffolk -both sent to  Van Diemens Land/Tasmania) My husband is originally from N.Z.
So, 92nd cousins!  Thanks again.

Sorry for butting in.  Your Henry HONNOR, do you know when, and to who he was born.?

I have Honnors in my tree, so there just maybe a connection.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 08 September 17 09:02 BST (UK) »
Hi bucksboy,
Henry Honnor was born in Uxbridge, Middx, at 1851 his father vwas recorded as Charles White b c 1817 in Brill and mother Hannah bc 1810 Ruislip, so presumably his real father passed  and Hannah remarried, he had a brother William aged 18 too.
According to the London baptisms register,he was bapt16 Jan 1835  his father was Joseph a butcher, mother Hannah, at Uxbridge St Margaret.
There appears to be another Henry Honnor b q3 1837 Great Missenden,Bucks registered Amersham  whose mother was Pearce according to the new GRO indices.
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline MHGC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 08 September 17 10:34 BST (UK) »
Hello again - 'my'   William (Henry)  HONNOR 24y;   married Jane Watkins HEALEY 20y;   13.6.1859 Episcopal Church, Dunedin.  Very little on M/C  but I have his parents Joseph HONNOR & Hannah BRAY.  Born c1835 Uxbridge. Baptised Parish Uxbridge in St. Margaret's; Borough Hillingdon. ??
Arrived on "Palmyra" Feb. 1858 - Gravesend 28.10.1857 - the Downs -  left Deal 31.10.1857 for Dunedin. 
They lived London St. Dunedin for many years then  Henry and Jane divorced 1903 in Napier, Sth Is. N.Z.    Henry must have gone to the North Is. as D/C  1906. 72years; N.Z. 48y; Married 24y; Carpenter; 7daughters & 4 sons.  Buried Herekino, Northland, North Is.  Same one?
  I'll get back to the Healeys soon, as an  Aunt ?G. Aunt  had all sorts of stories about them, which I have not been able to verify.  She thought they were aristocracy in England!  Don't know what she thought when I found the Moss/Thompson Convicts, as I had no contact with her.  It's interesting getting back into the histories, but time-consuming!

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 08 September 17 12:58 BST (UK) »
Hi bucksboy,
Henry Honnor was born in Uxbridge, Middx, at 1851 his father vwas recorded as Charles White b c 1817 in Brill and mother Hannah bc 1810 Ruislip, so presumably his real father passed  and Hannah remarried, he had a brother William aged 18 too.
According to the London baptisms register,he was bapt16 Jan 1835  his father was Joseph a butcher, mother Hannah, at Uxbridge St Margaret.
There appears to be another Henry Honnor b q3 1837 Great Missenden,Bucks registered Amersham  whose mother was Pearce according to the new GRO indices.
Cr

Yes, that Henry Honnor was baptised 1837 @ Great Missenden to Henry & Elizabeth Honnor, 'of Potters Row'.
He would fit in somewhere in my tree, but not chasing him down.

I have Joseph Honnor, b.1760 Great Missenden, but died in Greenford, Middx, and buried in Great Missenden.   Son of Thomas Honnor(1726) & Martha King(1730).

Greenford is close to Uxbridge, so that's why I thought there maybe a connection.

It was just a thought.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 08 September 17 13:37 BST (UK) »
MHGC, i'm a bit confused about the divorce from Jane, seems strange after 44 years of marriage!
Cr

Offline MHGC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 08 September 17 14:05 BST (UK) »
Yes, I understand cockneyrebel but I don't know how long they had been living apart. The last child Herbert, died at 5years in 1872.  I'll  search up some writings of the 'Aunt'  I remember she said how Jane had gone to live with Helene and Edward MOSS.  More searching.  I'm now wondering if he left a Will.   On Jane Watkins Healey/HONNOR 's D/C  -Marital Status - Not Recorded.  Mother Mary Ann Welshman and Father Frederick William. ?  I don't know who gave the information but Jane was 87years.  ???????????

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 09 September 17 09:04 BST (UK) »
Hi MHGC,
Whoever registered Jane's passing obviously got her parents wrong! I could find no reference to a Will for Henry on Ancestry but perhaps NZ records are better?
Did you get my personal message?
Cr