Author Topic: KING married KING?!  (Read 6648 times)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
Re: KING married KING?!
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 13:41 GMT (UK) »
1841 census.

Robert Buswel c1811. Oxfordshire.  Ag.Lab
Mark Buswel. c1833. Oxfordshire.
Charles Johnson. c.1821. Oxfordshire.

Living in Wootton.

There is also another Robert Buswell who marries a Mary(Mercey) NORTH in 1835 @ Fritwell.  They are in the 1841 census @ Stoke Lyne.  He dies there in 1857.

I'll check Wootton PR's, and see if there is a death/burial for Elliza/Elizabeth Buswell, and a baptism for Mark Buswell c1833.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Mark BUSWELL, baptised 14 Mar 1833 @ Wootton. Son of Robert & Elizabeth.

Plus -
Zilpha . 1834.
Frederick.  4 Sep 1836.
Eliza - 1 June 1838.

Burials.
Elizabeth BUSWELL aged 27.  Buried, 11 Nov 1838.
Eliza BUSWELL, aged 4 months.  Buried, 23 Sep. 1838.

So, I think this Robert BOSWELL, ended up in Paddington/Marylebone.

Steve. :)

From OxFHS - Wootton PR's.
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 12 December 13 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Just looked through my notes again and looks like I made a slight mistake :-[ apologies Bucksboy for ignoring your wisdom :P

The 1851 census shows John King (b.1805 Kirt) married to Eliza (b.1811 Tackley) and their 4 children.

As previously mentioned I found 2 possible baptisms in Tackley for Eliza - #1: Eliza Matilda b.1810 dau/of Thomas & Mary, or #2: Elizabeth b.1812 dau/of Thomas & Sarah.

On the 1841 census there is a Sarah b.1781 who I *assumed* was the mother of either John or Eliza.

Baptism of John (1803, Kirt) states parents as Charles & Elizabeth, so I *assumed* that John's wife Eliza must be the Elizabeth born in 1812 not the Eliza Matilda born in 1810.

However looking at the 1861 census again it is John married to "Eliza M." and the 1871 census there is an "Eliza M." mother-in-law of David Siggars, who married Sarah Ann King (b1831 Tackley dau/of John & Eliza, died 1863). Pretty conclusive.

The Elizabeth born 1812 I think was the one who married Robert Buswell in 1832. The witness is Maria King, and she did have a sister called Maria.

Going back the 1841 census (getting dizzy going round in circles with this family) there is also living with John Eliza and Sarah a Fredrick Busswell b.1837, who is the son of Robert Buswell and Elizabeth (who's mother was Sarah). There's some link I've yet to figure out between Sarah and John but it's trickier than I originally thought. 

Lesson learned... Eliza is not the same as Elizabeth ;)

Keen, Prinz, Printz, Melhuish, King, Croxford, Bedding,

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 12 December 13 14:38 GMT (UK) »
There's some link I've yet to figure out between Sarah and John but it's trickier than I originally thought. 

I reckon that since I can only find the one marriage between a Charles King & Elizabeth, 1772 in Tackley, that they had 7 children born 1770-1788 in Tackley and then 4 children born 1803-1818 in Kirtlington. So on the 1841 census with John (b.1803) and wife Eliza, that Sarah (b.1781) who I assumed was one of their mothers is actually John's sister, born 23 years earlier. It doesn't seem too implausible.

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 12 December 13 17:28 GMT (UK) »
OR perhaps of those 7 children that Charles King & Elizabeth Spencer had their son Charles born 1770  married an Elizabeth and had 4 children in Kirtlington, including John. That makes even more sense.

Problem is still the same though - being only able to find the one marriage between a Charles King and an Eliza in Tackley or Kirtlington. Time to look further afield perhaps.