Author Topic: North Hill in Devon?  (Read 9724 times)

Offline Notmyrealnameee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: North Hill in Devon?
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 02 October 19 17:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much for replying Deebel! I was wondering whether I was trying to restart a conversation in a room that had been empty for years.

Your tip on Henry in Scotland allowed me to get lots of stuff on him, including his will, which was very interesting - eg he had daughters in Salt Lake City and Melbourne. At least 2 of his children, Victor and Henrie, were down as being born in France, which seemed to back up him building railways there. So Jane dying in Germany is intriguing.

Walter’s daughter Elizabeth married Robert Bruce Clark on 1 July 1903. My grandfather, Malcolm Bruce, was born on 24 Dec 1904. He had siblings but I haven’t been able to identify them yet. None appear in the 1911 Census. Will have a trawl of the Barrhead Clark births in the 1910s when I feel rich enough.

I had noticed that Canadian, Steuart/Creber poster with his enticing centuries back claim and was hoping he’d pitch back in. As you suggest, I do a bit of posting, then try to PM him..

Cheers

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 02 October 19 22:43 BST (UK) »
You should sign into SP and do an advanced search of Barrhead Clark Births then sort the list in date order. You will probably be able to home in to a number of connected probables without spending any credits. Having a quick look i saw a Grace Margaret Clark birth which I would reckon is after Walters wife Margaret and his daughter Grace (sister of Elizabeth)
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline Notmyrealnameee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 03 October 19 08:26 BST (UK) »
Excellent advice! I found Margaret Grace that way, and also Robert. I think there’s another one, but haven’t tracked them down yet.