Author Topic: Marriage Lookup - Charles KING to Elizabeths circa 1750-1820  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup - Charles KING to Elizabeths circa 1750-1820
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 December 13 14:58 GMT (UK) »
For the King=Randall marriage in Ox St Cross 1799 there are also baptisms of children for them in early 1800s at the same time as the baptisms of the children in Kirtlington, so that can't be the right marriage or the Charles & Elizabeth we're looking for.

For the King=White marriage in North Hinksey 1797 there was one child, Anne, baptised there in 1798 to them and then no more. There is also baptism of an Elizabeth White in 1775 in the parish, and the marriage said Elizabeth was otp. I couldn't find one for Charles. I wonder whether Charles (born 1770 Tackley) married Elizabeth there in her home parish, which isn't that far away, and then after birth of Anne (though I don't know what then happened to her) they moved to Kirtlington in early 1800s before John was born.

I can't think of any other way to proceed apart from making that assumption.
Keen, Prinz, Printz, Melhuish, King, Croxford, Bedding,

Offline simonp17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 December 13 15:50 GMT (UK) »
There are 9 Charles KINGs on the OFHS database baptised between 1760 and 1780. I guess one of them is likely to be the one who married Elizabeth WHITE in North Hinksey in 1797. Apart from the one baptised in Tackley in 1770, the others were baptised in: 1763 in Appleton; 1764 in Gt Haseley; 1772 in Ambroseden; 1772 in Witney St Mary; 1778 in Oxford Holywell; 1778 in Wytham (which is next to North Hinksey); 1779 in Buckland; and 1780 in Oxford St Giles.

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 December 13 16:11 GMT (UK) »
There are 9 Charles KINGs on the OFHS database baptised between 1760 and 1780. I guess one of them is likely to be the one who married Elizabeth WHITE in North Hinksey in 1797.

Ah. So may not be my Charles from Tackley then :-\

Offline Jamesk10

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Lookup - Charles KING to Elizabeth
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 10 October 20 13:52 BST (UK) »
Bump of this to see if we can make any progress on this with a fresh view.

John King, baptised 1803 Kirtlington to parents Charles King and Elizabeth.

Looking for their marriage.

Charles King married 1772 in Tackley to Elizabeth Spencer. Elizabeth had a son, Charles, baptised 1770 in Tackely sworn to Charles King. They had more children together after marriage from 1773-1784. They would be too old to be John's parents, more likely Charles jnr is the father.

Can't find a second marriage for a Charles King and Elizabeth in Kirtlington or nearby places.

Two potential options from OFHS for Charles jnr:

Charles to Elizabeth RANDAL, 1799 Oxford, this ruled out because there are baptisms their of their children in early 1800s at same time as John etc being baptised in Kirtlington.

Charles to Elizabeth White, 1797 North Hinksey, supporting evidence is that they were recorded as lodgers not of the parish and there is Elizabeth White baptism 1785 in NH so they could have simply gone there to get married in her home parish. Only problem is there are a lot of Charles King's around.

At the moment John's parents are in the tree as Charles jnr and Elizabeth White... I can't think what to do to prove/disprove this.