Author Topic: Kind family north wingfield and ashover  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Stufffromrob

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kind family north wingfield and ashover
« on: Thursday 19 December 13 16:43 GMT (UK) »
I am researching this family and am stuck with the christening of thomas son of thomas and mary in march 1770 at north wingfield.  Anyone able to track marriage of thomas and mary or elder thomas birth please?  It seems as if thomas and mary later moved to ashover where several other children were christened.

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kind family north wingfield and ashover
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 December 13 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to Rootschat

As you said there are several children bapt to Thomas at Ashover (abode Littlemoor) including Thomas bapt 15.10.1775.  Is this the one you mean?   Can't see one being bapt at Nth Wingfield 1770. 

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Stufffromrob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 December 13 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for such a rapid reply Carol.  My n wingfield reference came from family search and its where i got the name of Mary from.   Are you saying this is an error?  I had assumed the family moved location and that a second thomas was born in ashover.  But i have no record of burial of the first thomas.   Does the ashover record identify the mother?  And is there any record of the baptism of thomas senior or of his wedding? Indeed anything about kinds before 1775?  Thanks for any help!

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 December 13 17:54 GMT (UK) »
No I am not saying it's wrong.  The entry on familyseach seems to have come from the Parish Records, I have a transcript which I was referring to and there are no Kinds on there at all for NW.  If there was a second Thomas born in 1775 then the 1st one must have died.  There are no Kind burial's on the Ashover transcript either that look like that family.  No marriages either.  Are you descended from Thomas 1770? 

Also you are perhaps not aware that you have put this request on the completed look up page not the Look up request page - Hopefully the moderator will move it for you 

I will check some of the surrounding area for the burial

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Warwickshire - Russon

Offline Stufffromrob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 19 December 13 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks carol.  I am new to roots (and indeed to this kind of communication) and find it horrendously complex, another member suggested i post my request in this way.  I hope the thread does not get lost if it is moved.  I saw your offer of help posted in 2007 and had no way of connecting with you. No one seems able to suggest a novice's guide and all the participants speak in a strange jargon!   What does a moderator do? 

That aside thanks so much for your kind and rapid help, I am doing this for an old school friend who is a kind descendant. 

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 19 December 13 18:17 GMT (UK) »
The moderators look after the site.  You should get more people reading it if it is moved to the Look up page.  If you go into Forum at the top of the page you should find a section ' How to use Rootschat'  that might help.

I'll keep looking

Carol
Warwickshire - Russon