Author Topic: TWYNAM, All  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Pault

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
TWYNAM, All
« on: Tuesday 13 July 04 13:57 BST (UK) »
Am tracing my family back in the early 1700S, late 1600's. Also trying to link later brancjhes of the family who went to Australia and the Bahamas. Any information welcome and I could reciprocate!

Offline iluvgenea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Twynam
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 23:12 GMT (UK) »
I may be able to assist you. What year/years did your Twynam family members travel to the Bahamas??
Regards,
Yolanda Deale Rotondo

email addresses removed by moderator - please use the secure Rootschat personal message system to exchange personal email addresses - thankyou

Offline Pault

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Twynam
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 December 04 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Not at home so don't have the full details to hand - but, the Twynam who went to Australia did so in 1855 and the Bahamian Twynam was his cousin, so, mid 1800s probably. I know there's a district in the Bahamas called Twynam Heights but I can't trace any Twynams living there now or any information about any Twynam in the Bahamas ever, simply the fact that a Twynam went there (can't recall his first name but have it at home). If you'd like to email me at home at email address removed by moderator to prevent spamming - please contact by personal message I could give you more details. Thanks for your message anyhow. Happy Christmas. Paul

Offline peterwimsey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TWYNAM, All
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 May 19 18:00 BST (UK) »
I am related to a Walter Twynam who emigrated to New Providence Island, Bahamas sometime in the 1870's and married Helena Mary Claridge in about 1878, probably in Nassau - though I would love to know the exact date and location.  Walter died at Nassau, 1917, aged 66.  He farmed land at the eastern end of the island so this could be the origin of the "Twynam Heights" area.