Author Topic: ANCESTRY Membership - Special Offer  (Read 5291 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
ANCESTRY Membership - Special Offer
« on: Wednesday 01 January 14 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

This is a good deal from ancestry - valid until 7th January 2014 - the saving equivalent to 3 months free:-

PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP    - £80.55 instead of  £107.40

WORLDWIDE MEMBERSHIP    - £ 116-55 instead of £155.40

http://www.ancestry.co.uk/3monthsfree

Expires 7 th January 2014 (not 2013 as stated)

Happy Hunting
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ANCESTRY Membership - Special Offer
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 January 14 13:08 GMT (UK) »
That's a great offer pity though my membership expires in March always seem to miss out on these offers >:(

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 January 14 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Mine expired on December 29 2013  >:(  I get a bit mad when this sort of thing happens.  Newbies get the discounts but people like me who loyally renew their sub year in & year out don't get any form of discount  >:(

Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 January 14 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Yes Jane that's how I feel when they do special offers through out the year but nothing for the members who renew faithfully every year  >:(

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 January 14 19:21 GMT (UK) »
We'll mine was set to auto renew on December 30th. This after being extended for a month in November because I got FTM 2014. Anyway for some reason they were unable to take the money or it was classed as a monthly subscription. I got an email offering the new rate for world membership today, just rang them up all sorted. Great service once again from them. My advice let your membership go then rejoin or ring them for a deal

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 January 14 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Need to be careful when letting it lapse because a few months ago they advertised significantly higher prices for new subscriptions, but advised existing subscribers would renew at their previous price level.  They have, though, I think because of all of the complaints about site performance from those that use their online family tree software, removed the increases ... at least for now.  I think some people may have got caught paying the higher price at that point.

That said, it would really be nice if they did offer discounts on renewals.  I've two months left of a six months paid subscription (follow-on from 6 months free from FTM).  Wondering whether it's worth phoning them to see if they'll let me have the discounted annual subscription and refund the remaining existing subscription.  ???  They were offering this same offer last July, but as I still had two months of the six months free, decided not to try and see if they'd let me have the subscription because if you try online it doesn't work.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 02 January 14 14:17 GMT (UK) »
What is the F M T offer and how do you get it

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 02 January 14 14:33 GMT (UK) »
At the time I upgraded there was a months free membership. Mainly I think to the UK one. However I had the World membership and I just registered the upgrade as normal and it added the month to my year automatically.

Google :- Family Tree Maker 2014 Upgrade

Offline juiceanca

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 02 January 14 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi all happy new year

I had a 12 month subscription which was about to expire in a few days and I just telephoned them and said what deals were they offering to existing customers and they asked why,i said maybe considering moving over to FindMyPast and they said I could have it for same price as a new customer.

julian
Campbell - Lanarkshire,Scotland
Mcdonald - Lanarkshire,Scotland
Porter      - Staffordshire,England
Sargeant - Staffordshire,England