Author Topic: ANCESTRY Membership - Special Offer  (Read 5295 times)

Offline chrisaaaaa

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ANCESTRY Membership - Special Offer
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 15:21 BST (UK) »
No just looking for the cheapest way to do it, just for the convenience really of not having to go to family search to find the stuff not in the essentials package. (a nice script to take a FS page and add it as a citation in ancestry would be nice)

Just about any time I buy anything I get cash back from credit cards to quidco, it just seems remarkable not to be able to do that with an ancestry renewal/upgrade.

Do I squeak when I walk :)

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 15:35 BST (UK) »
Not really sure I am with you. I would have thought that Ancestry would have accepted any card as payment. Perhaps not. 

Offline chrisaaaaa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 16:43 BST (UK) »
I am getting at if I buy endless copies of FTM with 6 month subscriptions can I use those?

I would not dream of giving anyone a car (continuous credit authority), I would do it by DD. With all these companies they love to get on an automated process and hope you forget or fall ill etc...

Chris

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 16:53 BST (UK) »
I am getting at if I buy endless copies of FTM with 6 month subscriptions can I use those?

I would not dream of giving anyone a car (continuous credit authority), I would do it by DD. With all these companies they love to get on an automated process and hope you forget or fall ill etc...

Chris

When I have bought or upgraded FTM there is usually a free few months subscription. I ring Ancestry up and they either cancel the present subscription and start again with a new one including the free bit. Or they just extend my present subscription adding in the free months. Never had any problem when I have rung them. Wish all call centres were like them

Offline chrisaaaaa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 17:05 BST (UK) »
Is there just a number in the pack, I would not intend attempting to install FTM2014 over FTM2014, even if my laptop had a dvd drive!

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 17:25 BST (UK) »
There may be. Why would you but a number of copies?  Just look up Ancestry and there will be  number listed under their help section for the area where you are based.

Offline chrisaaaaa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 21:30 BST (UK) »
I didn't mean the phone number, I meant a license key.

Option 1. Is phone up and give CC, £155 and having to deal with a CCA.
Option 2. Online, set up DD, £155 covered by distance selling rules and DD guarantee.
Option 3. By FTM2014 ~ 2*£60 pa on ebay (or 2*£30 pa in Tesco vouchers), and I get a free book!

I would like to know if option 3 is possible, do I have to jump thru hoop or do they just accept it happens and make it easy.

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 21:44 BST (UK) »
I didn't mean the phone number, I meant a license key.

Option 1. Is phone up and give CC, £155 and having to deal with a CCA.
Option 2. Online, set up DD, £155 covered by distance selling rules and DD guarantee.
Option 3. By FTM2014 ~ 2*£60 pa on ebay (or 2*£30 pa in Tesco vouchers), and I get a free book!

I would like to know if option 3 is possible, do I have to jump thru hoop or do they just accept it happens and make it easy.

Your money you make the choice. You only get what you pay for.