Author Topic: ANCESTRY Membership - Special Offer  (Read 5294 times)

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: ANCESTRY Membership - Special Offer
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 January 14 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Sandra, I,ve taken up their  offer as I let mine lapse sometime ago. :)
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline bykerlads

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 January 14 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Sandra- usually I just dip in now and again on pay as you go but have now got proper membership.

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Pleased to see a few people have been able to take advantage.  Personally I have never paid full price, never let it renew automatically and always "haggled"

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 18:25 GMT (UK) »
The lines were very busy yesterday took me ages to get through must have all being taken advantage of the offer  :)

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 08 January 14 04:08 GMT (UK) »
'If you don't ask you don't get!'  I was very miffed when I saw this offer & my sub had renewed on 29 December 2013 at full price.  I contacted them via email (I can't use the 0-800 number as I'm not in the UK) & all credit to Ancestry they cancelled my sub & I was able to take advantage of the discounted one so saved a few pounds  :)

Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 08 January 14 07:25 GMT (UK) »
Well done Jane a good start to the New Year  :) :) :)

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 08 January 14 07:33 GMT (UK) »
'If you don't ask you don't get!'  I was very miffed when I saw this offer & my sub had renewed on 29 December 2013 at full price.  I contacted them via email (I can't use the 0-800 number as I'm not in the UK) & all credit to Ancestry they cancelled my sub & I was able to take advantage of the discounted one so saved a few pounds  :)

Jane

Well done, I must admit when ever I have contacted Ancestry I have had nothing but excellent service. Mainly FTM queries.

Offline chrisaaaaa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 15:00 BST (UK) »
Hoping for a little advice, I bought FTM2014 with 3 months essentials, I would like to make it go worldwide as the family stretches across the globe, and even exotic places like Scotland which are not essential.

The thought of paying retail is not appealing, and there seem to be no voucher offers that do not lead you to the retail front door at least for renewals anyway, this lot don't value repeat business.

So, supposing I go to FindMyPast or MyHeritage, do these have the same records, can I export the 2014 tree with all its attached records and pictures into a similar program for either?

If I buy FTM 2014 WW from ebay, can I let my sub lapse then just take the number off the shrink wrap and apply it to rejoin with 6 months? Do I even need to let it lapse?

Is there a desktop program that can use FS as the backend, they have good records but do not seem to do the correlation of households well, a program could do that automatically.

Ta

Chris

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 15:16 BST (UK) »
I presume you are saying you don't want to pay for  Ancestry world wide subscription? If that's not the case the ring Ancestry up and I am sure the will 'add on' the essentials  part to your subscription. They have done that for me. So I got extension to the years sub.