Author Topic: Info: 1811 Census returns for Balsham  (Read 2364 times)

Offline jbml

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Info: 1811 Census returns for Balsham
« on: Thursday 02 January 14 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Please forgive me if this has been done already, or if I have posted in the wrong place. However, it is potentially of very great interest to those with ancestors in Balsham in the early 19th century.

I was browsing the online National Archives Index (as one does) during my lunch break, and I came upon this:

Cambridgeshire Record Office P7/18/4 is the 1811 Census Returns for Balsham with names, occupation and numbers of persons in families. It is evidently a copy whihc was retained in the parish records, and which has therefore survived the wholesale destruction of the returns themselves.

Hope this intelligence is of assistance to somebody.
All identified names up to and including my great x5 grandparents: Abbot Andrews Baker Blenc(h)ow Brothers Burrows Chambers Clifton Cornwell Escott Fisher Foster Frost Giddins Groom Hardwick Harris Hart Hayho(e) Herman Holcomb(e) Holmes Hurley King-Spooner Martindale Mason Mitchell Murphy Neves Oakey Packman Palmer Peabody Pearce Pettit(t) Piper Pottenger Pound Purkis Rackliff(e) Richardson Scotford Sherman Sinden Snear Southam Spooner Stephenson Varing Weatherley Webb Whitney Wiles Wright