Author Topic: Edward DOWNES  (Read 5361 times)

Offline Anihana

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward DOWNES
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 August 14 11:42 BST (UK) »
Evening

I have the "DOWNS" one saved in my tree for the 1853 census. I'd need to get back into this side of the tree to give you more specifics but I have Edwards Father as Thomas Downes & mother Elizabeth (Emma) Turner. I believe Thomas was a Blacksmith in NASH - there is another Thomas Downes in Nash who is a blacksmith but he isn't our one I don't think. Edwards wife Jane Gittens - I have her parents listed as William & Ann, no maiden name for Ann.

May I ask how you fit into the family? I wasn't aware of anyone else other than a cousin researching & she has stopped for a few years now :-)

Cheers
Andy

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Anihana

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward DOWNES
« Reply #10 on: Monday 25 February 19 10:03 GMT (UK) »
William Gittens wife Annís maiden name was Jones so it stands to reason the Jones showing as a lodger was likey a relative.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.