Author Topic: Death details - tracing forward  (Read 979 times)

Offline Arctica

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Death details - tracing forward
« on: Monday 20 June 05 12:29 BST (UK) »
Hello

This is more of a follow-up message to an earlier one on my grandparents:

"I am looking into my family history (Anderson), a lot of which appears to be based in the Lanarkshire area, and more specifically Carluke.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who is related to my grandparents, John Anderson (born 26 January 1875, Carluke) and Marion Brown Rogerson (born 13 September 1877, Carluke). John and Marion were maried in Carluke, 31 December 1897.

I know that the Anderson name is a hard one to trace and clarify because a lot of the same names recur, but if anyone has possible links or think they may have a common ancestry, I'd be very interested.

The oldest ancestor traced to date has been John Anderson who married Jean Renton in Longformacus - 19 May 1782.

Of particular interest would be any information on the descendents of John Anderson and Marion Brown Rogerson. My father was Thomas Anderson.

I currently have all my data in GEDCOM format for easy exchange."

I am trying to find out their death details, but the Scotlands People website indices do not locate them. The index only goes up to 1954 of Statutory Death Index. Can one assume that they died after 1954? As a check, I did a look for their marriage, for which I have the proper details, and that was not found either. I can only assume that some errors in indexing may have occurred which would be odd.

I am hoping to trace any living relatives of my Anderson line.

If anyone has some advice about how to proceed I would be very grateful

Regards

Lester Anderson
Researching ancestry of Anderson and Rogerson families from the Carluke area of Lanarkshire, Scotland.