Author Topic: Eva Rachael (Clark) Harding, son James; daugher Eva Rachael  (Read 801 times)

Offline wengen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eva Rachael (Clark) Harding, son James; daugher Eva Rachael
« on: Monday 20 January 14 01:07 GMT (UK) »
Eva (b.1863 Easingwold )  immigrated as a widow to Hodgeville, Saskatchewan, Canada in 1921 with son James (b.1904; South Shields)  and daughter Eva (b.1902; South Shields) to live with her son John Harding.  I have tracked James to several cities in Saskatchewan and Manitoba as he worked with the TD Bank of Canada, then lost track of him.  Lost the trail of Eva and her daughter when the arrived in Hodgeville, Sk. - cannot find any evidence of them after they arrived.  No evidence that they returned to England either.  Eva's husband Thomas Harding (b.1861 Sunderland; a Second Mate on a steam ship) was alive for the 1901 census - he was listed on a vessel the SS Trevelhick (sp??).  Any information for Sask has a cost - very pricey - hoping to find something on them thru less expensive channels.

Thanks

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Eva Rachael (Clark) Harding, son James; daugher Eva Rachael
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 January 14 04:14 GMT (UK) »
There is an incoming UK passenger list for the Canada which departed from Halifax, Nova Scotia and arrived in Liverpool on 14 Mar 1922 which has Eva (53) and Eva (16) Harding listed. Their proposed address in the UK is listed as 124 Clarendon Terrace, South Shields. It indicates their last permanent residence was Canada and their future permanent residence was to be England.

I noticed a 1924 marriage for an Eva R. Harding to Thomas M. Fletcher in Newcastle upon Tyne in the Free BMD. Could this be for Eva or her daughter?

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline wengen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eva Rachael (Clark) Harding, son James; daugher Eva Rachael
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 January 14 16:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jacquie - I am sure this is them, I just did not look hard enough on the ships going from Canada to UK.  I did note the info on an Eva R and Thomas, but because I was under impression that Eva and Eva had stayed in Canada I disregarded it.  Learn something new every day!

Thanks so much for your help - this will help me continue my search on Eva 1 & 2!

Wendy