Author Topic: was gr gr grandad already married when he married wife number 2 ?  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Shirleyjjj

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: was gr gr grandad already married when he married wife number 2 ?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 January 14 18:10 GMT (UK) »
the strange thing is a couple of peeps on ancestry have put the 1831 death in error thats how i needed to douple check this but yes she had several children I think the last one was Rachel in 1807

Baptism: 2 Aug 1807 St Mary the Virgin, Leigh, Lancashire, England Rachel Coward - Daughter of William Coward & Betty Abode: Pennington Register

the 1798 refereed to another Betty - its just the burail i need  for the later Betty as ive got everything else thanks

just looking for a burial between 1807 and the day he got wed again so between 1807 and 1824 or sadly i think there was a volume missing for a small batch from leigh but i guess they may have been in Bolton by then

Offline Shirleyjjj

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 January 14 18:17 GMT (UK) »
yes this  william and mary this is william (2) son of william his first wife died in childbirth his first wife was called ann second wife was mary he was a tea dealer and died in leigh -

Second William s wife i need just the death detail  - we have been looking for 2 years

Offline Shirleyjjj

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 January 14 19:33 GMT (UK) »
just wondering if Betty did in 1821

ok this is what we have - a burial for 1831 she died aged 45

had she died in 1821 she would have been born in 1776 aged 45 (fitting exactly ) NOW if thats been miscribed and they have put the 3 instead of a 2 this would be HER as the address is theirs -mmmm

so i need to look at the original register OR the grave to double

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 January 14 21:08 GMT (UK) »
I will have a look around,
but could you confirm if this is the second wife please,
Burial,
Emmanuel, Bolton,
10th April 1864
Mary Coward, wife of William
aged 93 years,
abode Great Bolton,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 January 14 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Father William Coward,
Burials,

St Mary the Virgin , Leigh, un named still born child of William Coward, 29th September 1796, abode Penington,

St Mary The Virgin Leigh, James Coward, son of William Coward, 8th November 1802, abode Penington,

St Mary The Virgin Laeigh, baptism, John Coward son of William and Betty, 21st March 1818, abode Penington , father a weaver,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Shirleyjjj

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 21 January 14 21:35 GMT (UK) »
thanks Radcliffe Mary the second wife lived until she was 93 -

the other bits and bobs are all part of my tree too - which i have -

there is also another family arriving in from Harwood which one is a quarryman their names are william and Selina Coward (i think )- they are not part of my tree but they are hanging around the same place and lived up Halliwell - i researched that lot some time ago for a friend about 7 years ago now - but didnt find any connection to my family tree at all - just there were in the same area -

i will check the burial original record at some stage but im not in any rush at all - it was juat a loose end i just noticed today - but if you can find anything much apprecaited

Offline Shirleyjjj

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Ratcliffe- hi i think ive sorted this out

ok i was finding children of someone else in my tree  and new records show a birth for a dau in a RCatholic church in Bolton (wife must have been Rc )  1841 census reveals dau on her own as a cotton spinner -

Marriage for Christopher Coward and Elizabeth

Marriage: 25 Jan 1815 St Mary the Virgin, Leigh, Lancashire, England Christopher Coward - Weaver, Leigh Parish Elizabeth Adamson - (X),

Daughter -

Baptism: 8 Nov 1818 St Peter & St Paul Roman Catholic Church, Bolton, Lancashire, England Mary Caward - Daughter of Christopher Caward & Elizabeth (formerly Adamson

It looks like Chris and will were cousins clicking back a bit of a pain as cant just see what relation ship they are to each other but looks like they were close enough to have come to Bolton together with wives and poss were all living in the same house

lots of records are appearing on line esp marriages on the free bmd - i never thought to look at the CATHOLIC churchs but there you go

i guess the other Bettys will appear somewhere

andrea