Author Topic: WROTHAM Parish Registers look-up request -- WILLIAMS  (Read 3051 times)

Offline jestina_d

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WROTHAM Parish Registers look-up request -- WILLIAMS
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 August 17 05:01 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

I have Arthur James Williams on my tree with both his birth and burial verified, and a lot of details of his children, but nothing verified.  However, it is only since I was doing this research that I have found the free Victorian BDM site, so much of what is unverified on your branch should be able to be verified quite easily.

There is one problem you might be able to help me with, though.  Elva's tree says that Arthur married twice, first to Myrtle Holmes (no dates) then to Annie Maria Petchell.  A quick look at the Victorian BDM site now causes me to suspect that this alleged first marriage did not ever happen, but are you able to confirm one way or the other, please?

John's third and fourth sons are proving to be a pest: common surname, no middle names, and living in a time of very basic record keeping – their parents should have had the foresight to give them interesting and unusual names, or middle names, at least.  ;)

Cheers,
Jestina,
Kingswood

Offline newsdoctor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WROTHAM Parish Registers look-up request -- WILLIAMS
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 27 August 17 05:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Jestina,

Nothing on Holmes....no mention in either of the Histories I have which are similar. Plagiarised I think is the word.

I have photocopied two pages on Arthur which includes details and photos.  No sure how to attach on this forum.   I can email if you wish.  my address is jwace@bigpond.net.au if you wish to receive these.

Cheers

John