Author Topic: wills  (Read 1142 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: wills
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 03:10 GMT (UK) »
PROV's site seems top be ok at the moment.  :-\   It can be a bit temperamental!

The Will loaded for me more quickly than many.  ::)
http://prov.vic.gov.au/index_search?searchid=54

The actual Will is the third of the links given.
William Edward PAULIN, 71 Bay St Port Melbourne, fruiterer, died 15 October 1898
Leaves "all and everything I possess of whatsoever nature and discription (sic)"  to his wife Mary Reid PAULIN, who is also named as executrix.
The Will is dated 17 April 1895.  The address shown in the newspaper notice re the Will is 95 Bay St.

The inventory (second of the links) shows that he owned land worth 120 pounds, furniture, 30 pounds and an insurance policy - about 320 pounds in all.

Mary Reid PAULIN, fruiterer of 89 Bay ST,  Port Melbourne, died intestate. She left about 300 pounds also.  The records on-line for Mary's estate seem incomplete as there is no mention of the letters of Administration, thus obviously no record of the person to whom the administration was granted.

There is also a Will indexed for William A PAULIN, fruiterer, of Port Melbourne, died 1933 - a son perhaps?  Unfortunately PROV hasn't yet digitised wills past 1927.  I note a number of wills mentioned for PAULINs in Port Melbourne.

Some mentions on TROVE, which you probably already have.
An example: Mary's death notice:
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/1836773?

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Coco2101

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 04:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kevynne

If your ancestor is William Edward Paulin, the son of George Paulin and Elizabeth Raymond then we are distant cousins.  :)

William's brother Edward John Paulin who married Mary Clark is my great great grandfather.

Regards
Coco
Every time you laugh you take a nail from your coffin.

Offline kevynne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Judith
Thank you. I have at last viewed most of my family wills and they are quite interesting.

cheers
Kevynne

Offline adenshillito

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 06 November 21 04:05 GMT (UK) »
a Facebook page for descendants of Paulin and Stevens etc in case anyone is interested

https://www.facebook.com/groups/stuckpaulinfamily