Author Topic: Alex Bergin Plummer  (Read 8444 times)

Offline augereau

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alex Bergin Plummer
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 07:21 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks, bbart, for this info - I am sure that the Plummer family did originally come from Ireland. You are right, ancestor hunting is just like a jigsaw puzzle, first of all you have to find the pieces and sometimes it is more difficult to know where to put them !!  Thanks again for your help, Liz

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 January 14 04:12 GMT (UK) »
Shawnigan Lake School seems to be a very smart place to be educated...

Hi augereau:

This is a bit of a long shot but Shawnigan Lake School is planning for its centennial in 2016. Assuming that alumni records are kept they may be able to provide you with a death date for Alex. B. Plummer.

http://www.shawnigan.ca/centennial

The Shawnigan Lake School website also has their yearbooks online. Alex. B. was at the school from 1927 to 1932. It might not be related, but there was also a student with the same surname who graduated from the school in 1963.

http://www.shawnigan.ca/centennial/past/yearbooks

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline sagebrush

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 September 14 04:48 BST (UK) »
I am new to this site but pretty excited to see some familiar names.  My grandfather was Anthony Fane Plummer, and my mother was cousin to Alex Plummer, of victoria.  Just starting to find the time to build family connections

Offline augereau

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 October 14 18:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Sagebrush,
Delighted to meet you !  I would be very interested in sharing family info with you - perhaps you could give me your email address at home.
Many thanks in advance,
Liz Augereau
Cognac
France

Offline sagebrush

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 03 October 14 04:06 BST (UK) »
will do that once i get this site figured out...think I need a few more posts to get access?  any advice from you would be appreciated!

Offline LindaGW

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 October 14 07:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Sagebrush,

Welcome to Rootschat.  You will be able to use the Rootschat personal message system after three posts.
To the left of augerau's posts, there is a message icon - it is a small circle containing what looks like a piece of paper.  After your third post you will be able to click on this and send her a private message.

Good luck!
Linda

Offline augereau

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 October 14 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hello again Sagebrush,

Just to say that I am related to Alex Bergin Plummer's mother, Kathleen nee Henderson.  It took me ages to find out who she had married !  She must have come out to British Columbia from Toronto and Montreal ...  her brother was also living in BC.
With another cousin, we have a family site on the net, and we are trying to find photos of the different characters in the tree.  A great sense of achievement when we manage to match a face to a name !
As your connection is so close to Alex Plummer, perhaps you may have a few old photos !
Hope so !
all the best, Liz

Offline sagebrush

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 04 October 14 02:53 BST (UK) »
speaking to my remaining plummer relative in Vancouver, there are photos apparently hanging in the world war memorial in vancouver of a few plummers, and I have a few in my collection