Author Topic: Birth look up please  (Read 1163 times)

Offline geebrooks9

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth look up please
« on: Sunday 26 January 14 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I am hoping someone can name the parents of John Henry Davis born around 1838 in Newington, Surrey. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you, Sara.
Chivers, Berkshire. Davis, Camberwell and Newington, Surrey. Golding, Maidstone, kent. Papworth, London, Middx, Surry. Whelan, Glanworth, Cork. and Dublin,  Ireland. Yardley. Deptford. Butfoy, Threadneedle Street. London and Bethnal Green.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Birth look up please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 January 14 13:50 GMT (UK) »
This one?

John Henry Davis
Baptism   13 May 1838
Father's Name:   John Davis
Mother's Name:   Eliza Davis
Newington St Mary  Southwark

Address Hampton Street. Father was a Bank Broker
Birth April 8th 1838
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline geebrooks9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 January 14 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello, thank you, but unfortunately it's not the John I'm searching for, his parents were John and Martha. I have been searching for ages, seems as though he just disappeared.
Thanks again.  Sara.
Chivers, Berkshire. Davis, Camberwell and Newington, Surrey. Golding, Maidstone, kent. Papworth, London, Middx, Surry. Whelan, Glanworth, Cork. and Dublin,  Ireland. Yardley. Deptford. Butfoy, Threadneedle Street. London and Bethnal Green.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 January 14 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello, thank you, but unfortunately it's not the John I'm searching for, his parents were John and Martha. I have been searching for ages, seems as though he just disappeared.
Thanks again.  Sara.

Hi Sara, you have obviously searched and searched for him, just how do you know his parents were John & Martha, what else do you know of him and any siblings?

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline geebrooks9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 January 14 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keyboard86,  thank you for your interest.

I have him on the 1841 census along with his Father John (my great x 2 grandfather ) His mother Martha and two brothers Charles William and Frederick George who were  born  about 1832 and 1835 and both Baptised in St Giles, Camberwell.

I can find no Baptism for John.  I only have the name John for him, I found a birth record for a John Henry and just hoped it was him, unfortunately not. They lived in Grosvenor Road, Newington at the time of the 1841 census.

His father John died the following year and since then I have not been able to trace Martha, or John Jr.  Charles William, my great grandfather turned up in Bristol in 1864, married Rosina Cole he was stated to be a mariner on the Marriage Certificate, which I have since confirmed.

Best wishes, Sara.