Author Topic: Free copies of PRs from FamilySearch ?  (Read 46812 times)

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Free copies of PRs from FamilySearch ?
« Reply #171 on: Friday 02 May 14 04:51 BST (UK) »
The closest one to me does not have microfilm privileges  :o :o, and there I was thinking that it was the main Temple in Sydney!

There are several within the 50 miles radius, but how are they to work out which one i should go to, and how to get there

AC

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: Friday 02 May 14 05:37 BST (UK) »
Can I guess that:

The quick returns on the Aussie records at the moment, .... errr .... Not too many RChatters on the Aussie Board know about it at present... 

I will start a thread to let them know about the new form  :) 
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=685720.0
And put a link back to this one. 

The 50 mile rule won't really work in Australia, so fingers crossed the delays of 4 to 6 weeks don't creep out further. 

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: Saturday 03 May 14 02:16 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help this beginner to fill out his form properly please?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=685704.0

cheers,
  Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: Saturday 03 May 14 09:03 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help this beginner to fill out his form properly please?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=685704.0

cheers,
  Ros

The record concerned is not available from Family Search as it is not a parish record. The record will need to be obtained from the Irish GRO.

Blue

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: Saturday 03 May 14 09:11 BST (UK) »
I ordered using the new form yesterday. I kept by the one order per month guidelines so I may have slipped up by doing the decent thing if my requests are knocked back because of the new rules about your location. I've had an acknowledgement by e-mail but that doesn't mean they will fulfil the requests I may get a refusal from them at some point. The changes are obviously a result of the increased demand for the service. A better way of running the service would have been to limit everyone to one record per month instead of a maximum of five.

Blue 

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 06:31 BST (UK) »
Trying to order one (1) duplication as per the new form, but it is still sitting there with the wheel going round and round, after about five (5) minutes.

Anyone else having similar troubles?

AC

Offline nkbauer

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: Sunday 16 November 14 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone applied to Family Search for records from England? I have had quite good luck with Scottish parish records but am wondering if I could get a copy of a 1867 death certificate from there.
London and Middlesex, England: Loft, Hughes, Walker, Eades, Phair, Hubbard, Bull
Ayrshire, Scotland: Currie,  Gebbie
Argyllshire, Scotland: Clark, McDonald, McCorquodale,
Lanarkshire, Scotland: Allan, Smellie
Renfrewshire, Scotland: Lang, Jack

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: Sunday 16 November 14 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi

No, you can't get a copy of an English death certificate from Familysearch. Only the General Register Office (GRO) or the relevant Local Register Office can issue a death certificate.

Andy

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: Monday 17 November 14 07:42 GMT (UK) »
I ordered using the new form yesterday. I kept by the one order per month guidelines so I may have slipped up by doing the decent thing if my requests are knocked back because of the new rules about your location. I've had an acknowledgement by e-mail but that doesn't mean they will fulfil the requests I may get a refusal from them at some point. The changes are obviously a result of the increased demand for the service. A better way of running the service would have been to limit everyone to one record per month instead of a maximum of five.

Blue 

The new rules have been put in place because people have been taking advantage of the system and demanded multiple records when it would be easy for them to visit a family history center and view the records themselves.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.