Author Topic: violet thelma elston  (Read 6009 times)

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
Re: violet thelma elston
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 30 May 20 10:40 BST (UK) »
The 1930 death notice for Hannah ELSTON at Colac states that she was the widow of the late Arthur H ELSTON of Apollo Bay and her children are Rose, Edith (dec), Arthur (dec), Robert (dec) Charles and grandaughter Violet ELSTON.

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article4230062

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/1648610
ELSTON.- ln loving memory of Private Arthur Henry, of 57th Battalion, eldest son of Hannah Elston, of Apollo Bay, brother of Rose, Charles, and Violet, killed in action in France, 26th March, 1917, aged 24 years and 9 months.

Offline Gina Fairbother

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 30 May 20 10:57 BST (UK) »
hi. heather and I are still trying to find violet Elston birth details, I am wondering if you know where an unwed woman would have gone to have her baby in 1910 somewhere between colac and adelaide

Hi

I would suggest Melbourne would be much closer to Colac?  Lots of unwed mothers went to Carlton Women's Hospital.

Essie
[/quote.
Hello.
My cousin has applied for Violet Thelma Elston birth certificate she was our grandmother. Might have further info. Cheers Gina.

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 30 May 20 11:04 BST (UK) »
PROV Wills and Probates http://www.rootschat.com/links/01piy/
Hannah ELSTON Date of grant: 10 Feb 1931; Date of death: 01 Dec 1930; Occupation: Widow; Residence: Apollo Bay

Offline Gina Fairbother

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 02 June 20 04:36 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone.  Hoping for some help please. Looking for the parents of Violet Thelma Elston.  born abt 1911.   only trace I have found of her under her maiden name Elston , is in Colac electoral roll in 1931.  Her death under her married name of Ross, says her mothers name was Rose.  This is all I have.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
kind regards from Heather
Hi Heather.
Violet thelma Elston was my grandmother.  And her mother was Rose. I have her birth certificate. May I ask where you fit in?. Thanks Gina.

Offline Gina Fairbother

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 02 June 20 04:40 BST (UK) »
Violet Thelma ELSTON married Geo ROSS in 19Ref =
Dee    :)

Hello. These are my grandparents. Violet was born in Adelaide SA.

Offline Gina Fairbother

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 02 June 20 04:45 BST (UK) »
goodness we have births coming and going from england to australia back to England !!!!!!!  also on trove a found a snippit that stated arthurs occupation as a hawker.  not sure which Arthur though !!!!!!!  (don't know whether i'm Arthur or Martha at the moment !!! little joke there !!!)
Hi Heather. 
Violet was born in Adelaide and her mother ws Hannah Andrews.

Offline KellyD

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 08 January 21 02:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gina,
I'm searching for a friend who is the son of Violet. He was born in 1929 when Violet was 19 years old and has no record of his father (blank on the birth certificate). I assume this was before she married George....? He has never had any contact with any of his family. He has not found a birth record for his mother (which he was lead to believe was in SA), but a google search lead me here.
Can you tell me which children Violet had?
Kelly
 :)

Offline Donna14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 28 September 21 08:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Gina,
I'm searching for a friend who is the son of Violet. He was born in 1929 when Violet was 19 years old and has no record of his father (blank on the birth certificate). I assume this was before she married George....? He has never had any contact with any of his family. He has not found a birth record for his mother (which he was lead to believe was in SA), but a google search lead me here.
Can you tell me which children Violet had?
Kelly
 :)

Hi Kelly,
I would love some more information about your friend who thinks that Violet is his mother. Violet was my nana too (Gina’s cousin) and her life has always been a bit of a mystery to us. I was only small when she died but she wouldn’t talk about her life or family to my mum. Violet had four children after she was married to George, one of them was my mum.
Anything you can share would help.