Author Topic: COMPLETED Charlotte Mollineux Rogers is the "Mollineux"  (Read 4024 times)

Offline timmis1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COMPLETED Charlotte Mollineux Rogers is the "Mollineux"
« on: Sunday 02 February 14 06:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I wondered if anyone could help.
My g.g. Grandmother was a Charlotte Mollineux Rogers who was baptised at the age of 15 at Thurstaston 1835, she was born according to the parish register 10th February 1820 her mother is listed as Emma Rogers a “married” women, charlotte is recorded as illegitimate .
I have two questions I wonder if some one could help me with?

1   Why baptise Charlotte  at 15?
2   Could Mollineux be her mother`s maiden name or Charlotte`s father?, I have tried to look for a marriage between a Emma Mollineux and a groom called Rogers on Free Reg but had no success any suggestions would be welcome.

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte Mollineux Rogers is the "Mollineux" her mothers pre married name ?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 February 14 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Perhaps she decided to baptise her ready for marriage. ???

Heather

Offline timmis1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte Mollineux Rogers is the "Mollineux" her mothers pre married name ?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 February 14 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Probably as she married an Edward Roberts Stone Mason around 1840.

Offline vronlady

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 February 14 10:27 GMT (UK) »
if she was illegitimate it is unlikely you are ever going to know the fathers name . however the middle name may be an allusion to it.  looking for "mollineux" around the are that could be the father  comes up with a john molineax born 1803 thurstaston ( son of another john molineaux) for instance ( that spelling of the surname is the one on charlottes christening) so there are certainly people of that surname living in the area who could be the father.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 February 14 10:41 GMT (UK) »
My g.g. Grandmother was a Charlotte Mollineux Rogers who was baptised at the age of 15 at Thurstaston 1835, she was born according to the parish register 10th February 1820 her mother is listed as Emma Rogers a “married” women, charlotte is recorded as illegitimate .
2   Could Mollineux be her mother`s maiden name or Charlotte`s father?, I have tried to look for a marriage between a Emma Mollineux and a groom called Rogers on Free Reg but had no success

If Charlotte was born in 1820 her mother could have married a 'Mr. Rogers' before the start of civil registration which I think was sometime in 1837.

Added- was thinking of FreeBMD but http://www.freereg.org.uk/ that you've checked has a page listing coverage of records-
http://www.freereg.org.uk/parishes/chs.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline timmis1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 February 14 10:50 GMT (UK) »
As I understand her mother gives here address as Chester and yes she may have married before registration, free reg sometimes records these pre registration events.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 02 February 14 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Probably as she married an Edward Roberts Stone Mason around 1840.
she married Edward Roberts june qtr 1840   Wirral    19  271     on freebmd  her name is Charlotte Molineux Rogers ( only 1 L )
cheshirebmd tells us
St Bartholomew   Thurstaston   Wirral was the church
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline timmis1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED Charlotte Mollineux Rogers is the "Mollineux"
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 02 February 14 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to everyone who helped on this one.