Author Topic: WILLIAMS 1871-1881 census  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Mrs.G

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
WILLIAMS 1871-1881 census
« on: Tuesday 21 June 05 08:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am looking for a Louisa Jane, b c1869  Liverpool
Married John WILLIAMS c1890. would like to have date etc.,
Louisa Jane WILLIAMS died age 22  19th June 1891 at City Hospital Liverpool, giving birth to baby John.
Would like to have her parents given name and surnames  also Louisa Jane's birthdate if possible:  Home adress 14 Brydges Street West Derby.

Looking for the date of DEATH of Priscilla MILLWARD nee Noblett b 1847 Manchester
Married Thomas MILLWARD 1872 Manchester. Have all information about her until after the 1901 census where she was mentioned as living at 6 upper Plymouth Grove South Manchester.
       Thankyou, Mrs. G
MILLWARD: Derbyshire, Cheshire, Lancashire
PARR: Cheshire, Lancashire
NOBLETT: Lancashire

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAMS 1871-1881 census
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 June 05 09:59 BST (UK) »
The 1891 census gives the family in West Derby, Liverpool as you suggest, but with baby John aged 1, so poor Louisa must have succumbed during the birth of a subsequent child.

RG12/2989 79 38

WILLIAMS John H M 20 general labourer
WILLIAMS Louisa J W M 21
WILLIAMS John H C son 1

All born Liverpool, address as above.

There is a possibility that this is John's birth

WILLIAMS John Henry C - Dec q 1889 - Liverpool Vol 8b Page 38

The ususal caveats about names like WILLIAMS apply (I have one I am completely stuck on!!)  However, if you find a matching birth cert, that would give Louisa's maiden name.

I hope this helps

kind regards, Arrasnroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Mrs.G

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 June 05 11:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that information.
 I do not have Louisa's birth date, I am at a loss  where to go from here. All I have is her Death certificate which gives no clues who her parents were. That is why I was thinking someone may find an entry on the 1871-81 census..... somehow
Thanks for your help.
Mrs.G

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 June 05 12:14 BST (UK) »
I agree you need earlier census info, but you are lost without a surname for Louisa (I would think - I will check just in case something jumps out at me!)

You know you can check the 1881 online at familysearch.org ?  I will have a look at 1871, but not optimistic!

Other than that, order either of her children's birth certs and they will give Louisa and John plus Louisa's maiden name.  Then you are in with a sporting chance...  ;D  If you do get one, you can also look for a marriage using either freebmd or 1837online.  Here's hoping her maiden name is not JONES!

Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 June 05 12:59 BST (UK) »
In 1871 there are no Louisa Janes in West Derby.

There are 8 in Liverpool, of these

HUGHES b 1869

THOMAS b 1861

WILLIAMS b 1866

Also in 1871 there are 26 Louisa Js in Liverpool.

I haven't found a marriage for John WILLIAMS and a Louisa that seems to fit.

1881 doesn't seem to help either - I can't even find a Bridge Street (or variant spelling) in West Derby!  Maybe someone else can??  Nor is there any sign of John WILLIAMS.

From this, I would suspect that neither family is in the area, but stand to be corrected.

arranroots  ;)

Offline Mrs.G

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 June 05 15:00 BST (UK) »
I shall do what you suggest and try for the birth certificate of the son John H.E.
 Maybe John and Louisa never married. I do know there was a second marriage in 1894 to Sarah Wynn, my Grandmother. My mother often spoke of visiting her grandparents farm in Wales when she was very young.
Here's hoping it is not going to be a Louisa J Jones on the next to find list.
Once again, thanks for your help
Mrs. G

Offline Iria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 June 05 00:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Mrs G

I wonder if this is the marriage You are Looking For?

Marriage 1889 Holy Trinity Liverpool

John Williams
Louisa J Robinson

ref no Liverpool 2103LP/5/394

Hope this helps in some way

Regards

Iria
Harold Liverpool and Warwickshire
Slater Liverpool
 Murray Liverpool
Garner  Liverpool
Lister/Lester Liverpool and Cambridgeshire
Norris Liverpool and Ireland

Census Information is Crown Copyright From:
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mrs.G

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 June 05 01:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you Iria
That looks a good match, it was suggested I try to obtain the son's birth certificate which would give me the mother's maiden name.  I can find him on the 1901 but not earlier.
Thanks again for your help.
Mrs.G