Author Topic: Thomas Jones, Bettws Bledrws, Maes-y-Felin Lookup  (Read 11827 times)

Offline jencairns

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Jones, Bettws Bledrws, Maes-y-Felin Lookup
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 January 15 20:19 GMT (UK) »
to Aly, and Denny - and everyone else

Photos and info on Glanbrechan and Thomas Jones - sorry to have vanished so suddenly. I have been ill, however now recovering, once I have got through the heap of research I am behind with - and weather is less ghastly (0.5 cm snow which is more than I can bear !)  I will post up any photos I have. Do send me details of what would be useful if you are still searching. 

Re unknown parents of Thomas Jones and/or Elizabeth his wife. The NZ relative thought that Thomas was an illegitimate son of the Jones of Derry Ormond (in Betws Bleddrws, nearby) - however as the house Glanbrechan belonged then to the Powell family of Nanteos and part of that estate perhaps either Thomas or Elizabeth were the offspring of one of the Powells.  On occasion over the years I search for some sort of break-through, but no luck so far.

Jen

Offline myukkin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 01:15 GMT (UK) »
Great to hear from  you and Happy New Year!  Sorry to that you have not been feeling well!  I wanted to get this message out as I am going to be out of town.  I did get some additional information just after we parted company in December.  I'll be back in a few days.  Weather has been nice for Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.  Ally, if you are copied in on this message, I am very sure we are related and would like to talk to you.  Are you somewhere on the east coast of the U.S.?
Best Regards to all!
Denny Brown
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Morgan, Jones, Richards, Morris, Alban, Harries

Offline ajonesva

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 January 18 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jen & Denny

I'm back. Life is a little busy but back on track to continue my research.
Denny, I live on the east coast. Chances are many of the Jones from Chas. David Jones' son, David Lloyd Jones (my grandfather) will be visiting Jackson OH in the spring/summer of 2018. My aunt, Penelope passed away this past Oct. and we all will gather to bury her remains at Fairmont Cemetery.

Thank you for reaching out. Jen, I hope your health is better and that you are doing well. Happy new year!

Also, I didn't see the photos that Jen sent. Jen, if you see this, can you please send those to me too? I will add them to my family tree on ancestry.com.

Aly

Offline jencairns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 08:52 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year Aly and Denny

Hope all is well with you. The photos I sent are on Page 1 of this correspondence.  I will try and look up more, but not at the moment as I am just preparing a talk on a local subject here, and I don't want to lose my concentration at the moment. I will try dig out more. Glanbrechan, now known as Maesyfelin House, or Ty Maesyfelin is still doing well. I do have photo of Elizabeth Jones's gravestone which I will send in a couple of days.

Cheers,
Jen

Offline myukkin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 11 January 18 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year to both of you.  I hope this reply goes to both Jen and Aly.  You ladies must be psychic as I was recently thinking about both you and the conversation we started several years ago.  I, too have had some family matters and physical issues to deal with, but I getting back in the groove.
Aly - I live 2 hours due west of Jackson between Dayton and Cincinnati and would be thrilled to meet you virtually ANYTIME when you come to Ohio.  I would love to talk to you offline, but I'm sure this forum allows such a thing.
Jen - If you have any more pix, I would love to see them.  Further, my wife and I may be visiting Wales in  mid-August of this year as a part UK-Ireland tour.  If the trip plays out as I hope, I would love to meet you IN WALES!!!  Ladies, let's please keep in touch.  And, if there is a way to talk offline, via phone or email, let me know!!
Dennis Morgan Brown A.K.A."Denny"
Monroe, Ohio, USA

Morgan, Jones, Richards, Morris, Alban, Harries

Offline ian_jones64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 04 June 18 20:26 BST (UK) »
I think Thomas jones Llwynbobi is not part of the glanbrechan family. He is originally from nantcwnlle and ends up in trefynor in Gartheli with his wife Jane and daughter Jane but is buried in Betws bledrws. His son is john jones of cilgwyn-Isaf who does have a child who goes to America according to a newspaper article.

Ian

Offline jencairns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 08 June 18 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian,
interesting,  the Thomas Jones you mention, what date (year would be great) did he die... there are about 8 Thomas Jones's buried in Betws B church yard with a stone marker, so probably more without a gravestone. Let me know and I will check my old info for you.
Jen

Offline ian_jones64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 08 June 18 12:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen, thanks for looking! This Thomas Jones dies Jun 1846, I can find his burial in the register June 29 1846. Took a while to unpick the relationships! His son John Jones dies 1867 and his children Thomas 1879, Daniel 1869, John 1900, William 1906. All buried Betws Bledrws.

Thanks again.

Offline jencairns

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 10 June 18 22:00 BST (UK) »
Dear Ian, what dates did your Thomas Jones, who died 1846, live in Llwyn Bobi. And where was he living when he died. I suspect that he may have moved into LB after Thomas T Jones had left for America. ALSO I had forgotten that Llwyn Bobi was, at that time, on land either owned by Elizabeth Jones of Glanbrechan; or both owned by the Powells of Nanteos. Your TJ may well have lived there, but I suspect it was after Thomas T Jones who went to Ohio lived there or possibly before. Where was your TJ living in 1841... and what date do your records show he moved in there, and how old was he when he died. 
Excuse the questions... but Thomas Jones was (and probably still is) a very popular name round here, all my ancestors are called David Evans!   Also the idea that Thomas T Jones, Agent lived there came with his descendant from Ohio, so there must be references somewhere over there. I suspect they both lived there, but at different times. cheers, J