Author Topic: Football Team and players  (Read 748 times)

Offline Mercel

• RootsChat Senior
  • John Robert Forster 1892-1913
    • View Profile
Football Team and players
« on: Tuesday 11 February 14 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,
i have found this photo in my dads collection of photos. Dont have a date for it or any other information other than it says hylton p.m.on the football. Anyone can shed any light on this would be very grateful. presuming this to be hylton paper mill. Wanting to find out who players are please

Thanks

Mercel
Hepworth - Yorkshire and Durham, <br />Forster, Thompson, Heatherington- Durham, <br />Harkness and Devlin- Glasgow, <br />Bolton and Smiths Sunderland, <br />Galey, Norfolk and Sunderland. <br />Cory - Heacham Norfolk<br />Connelly - Ireland,<br />Carson - Ireland, <br />McKay, Glasgow and Ireland,<br /> Tait,Ireland<br />Turley, Sunderland and Ireland, Devlin Londonderry Ireland, Higgans, londonderry Ireland, Hamilton, Ireland

CENSUS & BMD INFO IS CROWN COPYRIGHT www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Football Team and players
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 February 14 23:57 GMT (UK) »
I could not find any reference to this team but it is possible that all the words on the ball reference  the (South) Hylton Paper Mill, (Sunderland) Amateur Football Club. If there was one? Which seems  possible.

Offline Mercel

• RootsChat Senior
  • John Robert Forster 1892-1913
    • View Profile
Re: Football Team and players
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 February 14 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for looking Barry, i think i wil contact the South Hylton Local history society, they may be able to shed some light on this

Mercel
Hepworth - Yorkshire and Durham, <br />Forster, Thompson, Heatherington- Durham, <br />Harkness and Devlin- Glasgow, <br />Bolton and Smiths Sunderland, <br />Galey, Norfolk and Sunderland. <br />Cory - Heacham Norfolk<br />Connelly - Ireland,<br />Carson - Ireland, <br />McKay, Glasgow and Ireland,<br /> Tait,Ireland<br />Turley, Sunderland and Ireland, Devlin Londonderry Ireland, Higgans, londonderry Ireland, Hamilton, Ireland

CENSUS & BMD INFO IS CROWN COPYRIGHT www.nationalarchives.gov.uk