Author Topic: Stapley Waller Shillington help  (Read 6092 times)

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Stapley Waller Shillington help
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 February 14 08:20 GMT (UK) »
Ashridge house is now operated by the National Trust.  They may be worth contacting to see if they hold the employee records.

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Helen14

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stapley Waller Shillington help
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 July 19 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom 23
Just picked up your post on the Stapley Waller Family. I’ve just started Wilhelmina’s side of the family as her sister, Martha Olive Harrod is my Great Grandmother on my dad’s side. Martha was indeed a cook at several large houses. She was born in Eccleston Square in London in 1870 and Wilhelmina was born in Battersea ( the family were living in Patmore Street in 1871). As I was looking into Wilhelmina I saw that she married Arthur George Stapley Waller who was a farmer & publican in Ampthill - the pub was the Crown Inn. It seems the family stayed around Ampthill & U would love to know more about the family. Helen K