Author Topic: Mary Ann, Malcolm and Catherine Mackenzie Lochbroom  (Read 3445 times)

Offline Seoni

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Ann, Malcolm and Catherine Mackenzie Lochbroom
« on: Wednesday 19 February 14 16:31 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on Mackenzies who came from the Lochbroom area. Mary Ann was born 25 May 1870, Malcolm 2 Jul 1872 and Catherine 6 Feb 1878. They were children of John Mackenzie b cir 1834 Craigour Ross and Cromarty and Mary McLeay b cir 1834 Poolewe Ross and Cromarty. They were all together at the hamlet of Gruinard and Inchard in 1891. Malcolm was a ghillie. I cannot find them after that . I have traced their other siblings Williamina, Grace and Finlay but with a surname of Mackenzie it is not easy. Their mother Mary died in 1917 in Dingwall and I am still looking for John's death date. Can anyone help me please ?
Seoni

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline windsor4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann, Malcolm and Catherine Mackenzie Lochbroom
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 March 15 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Seoni I am searching the same Mackenzie family, it is hard to track them down. John Mackenzie is my paternal Great uncle. John had a brother Peter Mackenzie born 1826. I need to confirm this though. I am related through my grandmother Fanny Apollonia Mackenzie she is the daughter of Peter Mackenzie. Clive

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Seoni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann, Malcolm and Catherine Mackenzie Lochbroom
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 March 15 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Clive
It is a difficult family to track down -so many Mackenzies. I have not got a Peter in my tree but that is not to say that there isn't one. John had at least 2 other siblings namely Ann born 1821 and Malcolm b 1830. These names I got from the 1841 census for Craigour Lochbroom. I assume you have John Mackenzies parents details and death dates. If not I will pass on the info to you. John's wife Mary was my 3xgreat grandfather Murdo's sister. As you know Mary died in Dingwall in 1917 but I can't seem to find John's death. If I come up with anything on Peter I will let you know.
Regards Seoni