Author Topic: Mary Ann, Malcolm and Catherine Mackenzie Lochbroom  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Seoni

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Ann, Malcolm and Catherine Mackenzie Lochbroom
« on: Wednesday 19 February 14 16:31 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on Mackenzies who came from the Lochbroom area. Mary Ann was born 25 May 1870, Malcolm 2 Jul 1872 and Catherine 6 Feb 1878. They were children of John Mackenzie b cir 1834 Craigour Ross and Cromarty and Mary McLeay b cir 1834 Poolewe Ross and Cromarty. They were all together at the hamlet of Gruinard and Inchard in 1891. Malcolm was a ghillie. I cannot find them after that . I have traced their other siblings Williamina, Grace and Finlay but with a surname of Mackenzie it is not easy. Their mother Mary died in 1917 in Dingwall and I am still looking for John's death date. Can anyone help me please ?
Seoni

Offline windsor4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann, Malcolm and Catherine Mackenzie Lochbroom
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 March 15 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Seoni I am searching the same Mackenzie family, it is hard to track them down. John Mackenzie is my paternal Great uncle. John had a brother Peter Mackenzie born 1826. I need to confirm this though. I am related through my grandmother Fanny Apollonia Mackenzie she is the daughter of Peter Mackenzie. Clive

Offline Seoni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann, Malcolm and Catherine Mackenzie Lochbroom
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 March 15 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Clive
It is a difficult family to track down -so many Mackenzies. I have not got a Peter in my tree but that is not to say that there isn't one. John had at least 2 other siblings namely Ann born 1821 and Malcolm b 1830. These names I got from the 1841 census for Craigour Lochbroom. I assume you have John Mackenzies parents details and death dates. If not I will pass on the info to you. John's wife Mary was my 3xgreat grandfather Murdo's sister. As you know Mary died in Dingwall in 1917 but I can't seem to find John's death. If I come up with anything on Peter I will let you know.
Regards Seoni