Author Topic: James Elliot 1888  (Read 7217 times)

Offline Hamish145

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Elliot 1888
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 June 14 16:32 BST (UK) »
James Eliot was my Grandfather my Dad was also called James.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 08:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Hamish and Welcome

Lucy might well have been looking for you:

we are actually looking for james elliots grandson who was born in 1934 he Is my grandmothers brother and recently her sister died and we were just looking out for peace of mind or closure for my grandmother

She hasn't been online since February but hopefully she will get a notification of you post and can then get in touch.

Best wishes

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline lucy1468

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 June 14 19:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you gadget I wasn't online for so long because I actually thought I hit a dead end but luckily I receive emails everytime someone replies thank you hopefully hamish is someone I could be looking for x

Offline andielliott1958

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 16:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lucy - James Elliott married in 1911 Kirkconnel to Mary McCormick He was my Grandfather my father was 'Willam' one on 8 or 9 children was one of his somes I have a list somewhere of other sons and Daughters

Offline andielliott1958

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 November 18 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Thank you this helps if there any way I could try find their childrens names I have one William Elliot but not sure of a DOB but I do know he is deceast

Hi Lucy the children of James Elliott (Born 1888) included: William (my Father born nov 1911) married his first wife  Kate. They had 2 daughters called Nettie , May (I met these two) and a son we think was called James . (I am from Williams second marriage) .

Williams siblings from James  and Mary Elliott also included , my uncles: Jim, Jack & Andrew and also my aunties : Peg (AKA Mrs Hanna) , Nettle, Agnes (Married twice 1st for short while then a second to Miatek Pierog ) the last Auntie was called Mamie  who married an Soldier called Jim Foster. Does this help

Offline lucy1468

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 24 November 18 11:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi thanks for the reply sorry it took so long to get back to you I didn’t get a notification for it so I assumed I hit a dead end so if what I’m reading is right your dad was James my grans brother!?

Offline andielliott1958

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 30 November 18 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lucy  .I have a list from the Kirkconnel parish Heritage Society Compiled by a lady called Nancy Harkness who lists the family of James Elliott (b1888) including my father William AKA Bill--My father  (William Elliott was previously married to Katherine (Kate) From the marriage certificate it is difficult to see Kates second name but believe it was McHaller? . Mrs harkness states they had two daughters and one son (the girls: Nettle and another daughter May. My father also had a boy who we know as  Billy (though mrs harkness calls him James?) Who i met and still have a picture of him and he must have been born in the late 30s . I can send you a copy of the letter I received from Mrs Harkness if you could email me? I also have my grandfathers  (James Elliots B 1888) marriage register and his fathers marriage register? Any good?

Offline lucy1468

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 01 December 18 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Yes please do email me my email (*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

is my gran was may her sister Nettie brother James but there is also another brother younger he is still living his name is William Elliot we call him billy he was sent to Germany when he was young to live with his dad we were searching for my grans brother James when we came across her other brother billy(William Elliot)