Author Topic: Frederic(k) Furber - Saskatchewan, Canada  (Read 4601 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Frederic(k) Furber - Saskatchewan, Canada
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 06 April 19 12:27 BST (UK) »
That is great when people connect.  It is amazing even years later that people "google" and find a thread which mentions there family.  Fabulous site. Second to none.  ;D ;D

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Ausnadian60

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 10 September 20 02:40 BST (UK) »
Amazing where the internet takes you! One of Frederic(k)'s daughters - Daisy Gregory Furber was my Grandmother. She was married to Kenneth Snider (originally from Ontario) who worked on the Canadian Pacific Railway and had 3 sons, Albert Kenneth Snider (my father), Lloyd Snider and Blair Clifford Snider. Frederic and family immigrated to a place called Biggar in Saskatchewan. I was told that Frederic was a judge in Biggar but have no information to confirm that and unfortunately all 3 sons have passed. Daisy married a man name Skip Harwood after Kenneth Snider passed but I'm afraid I never met this gentleman. Daisy's brother Dunstan lived in California for many years I'm not sure if he ever married. I only met him when he was in his 80's when he came to live with Daisy in Vancouver. As I just happened upon this site I can ask my sister if she has any more information regarding Frederic and get back to you. Very interesting to read about my Grandmother's family history in the UK.

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 11 September 20 05:26 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Ausnadian!

As it seems over the years people have popped in looking for Frederick, so here is a picture of him!
(At least, the notes indicate Mr. Furber, 84, and the picture was 1943, so the age is right!)

http://sain.scaa.sk.ca/items/mr-and-mrs-furber-in-biggar-sk-2