Author Topic: MIs for Hawick Cemeteries  (Read 27406 times)

Offline LAURIE81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MIs for Hawick Cemeteries
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 25 February 16 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
I was also looking for people possibly buried at Hawick. An Agnes Thomson nee Mackinnon. She was originally from Ettrick but her death certificate says she died in Hawick in 1976. She was married to a George Allan Thomson who died in 1992. Agnes was born at the Thirlestane estate in Ettrick in 1923. George was born in Hawick in 1911.

LAURIE
Mackinnon Macpherson Barron Macleod

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 25 February 16 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Scottish border council got straight back to me via email. Very helpful lady.  Worth an email.
Google Scottish Borders Council.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline jahjahau

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 26 March 23 12:32 BST (UK) »
Harry,
My apologies for not replying.  Yes, I am descended from the WIGHTs you mentioned.  Elisabeth WIGHT married John Merton/Martin WALDIE and their daughter, Elizabeth married Wm GARDNER. Wm & Eliz's son, John, my ggrandfather, emigrated with his family, to Australia, in 1913. 

Thanks for the info about her siblings.  I haven't done a lot on the WIGHTs, as someone gave me their work on the line quite some years ago and it's quite a while since I worked on the WALDIE line. 
Judy