Author Topic: PHILIP PERRY III & ELINOR BARRETT DNA MATCH  (Read 823 times)

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PHILIP PERRY III & ELINOR BARRETT DNA MATCH
« on: Saturday 01 March 14 11:19 GMT (UK) »
I got my dna family finder results the other day and had several PERRY chromosome matches in the United States. Each one indicates that I descend from this couple:

PHILIP PERRY III 1675 - 1751 m ELINOR BARRETT c1685 - 1737
Born:  in Isle of Wight, Isle of Wight, Virginia, United States
Died: 1751 in Chowan County, North Carolina, USA

This was a shock and new to me as I had for years been looking for my Perry ancestors in England since my GGGG grandfather Sampson Perry 1747 - 1823 was born at Aston Warwick and died in London. Interestingly his death notice was published in the Lyncburg Virginian newspaper in 1823. His father was stated as John Perry and mother Mary ? They had another child in Aston called Mary Perry about 1743 and there was another child named William Perry whose birth was never located.

DNA can't be wrong, if SAMPSON PERRY is my ancestor by paper trail and has ties to America then his father maybe American. So therefor how does John Perry relate to Philip Perry and Elinor Barrett? Can anyone crack this mystery?

I would be interested to see any proven genealogical Links from descendants of Philip & Elinor Perry. Can anyone provide data on all of their known children & grandchildren? Or further dna evidence of relationships between the Perry families?

Looks like most of the family trees on the internet for SAMPSON PERRY have to be wrong

The Perry's seem to cross between England and America during the span of several generations.

Any help appreciated as I would like to prove the link from Sampson to Philip.

Offline Vivik

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PHILIP PERRY III & ELINOR BARRETT DNA MATCH
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 November 20 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dunvr
I am also a descendent of Sampson Perry - he is my GGGG Grandfather.
Did you find out more about any of your DNA matches? I would love to know Sampson's parentage and how he may or does connect with these Perry's. I am sure the current parents listed as Sampson's are incorrect.