Author Topic: Solomon Hart (throwing him out to the world ;)!  (Read 8593 times)

Offline rutht22000

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Solomon Hart (throwing him out to the world ;)!
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 21 April 19 16:08 BST (UK) »
It is possible that Solomon Hart is a child of one of the siblings of Salomon/Zelig Alexander or Mietje/Mink Hartog/Hirts.  Refer to the Geni family tree for more information about them.

PS: It appears that Hartog Harings' brother Moses Salomon Haring did move from Amsterdam to London and died there in 1891 at the age of 64.  His occupation is listed as Boot Maker.

I'd determined that a Salomon Alexander Haring b 27 April 1821, bootmaker was a relative. However, ... not a brother, but a cousin of Liverpudlian Salomon Hart (see page 3 of this topic)

ooops....saw your reply after I'd posted mine  ;D 
Jeacock
Colebourne
Shepherd
Scotter
Sievers
Knowles
Pritchard
Lilley
Hart/Hertz
Woodmansey
Monnington
Thomas (South Wales)
John (South Wales)
Pearce (South Wales)

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 21 April 19 16:15 BST (UK) »
Great minds ...:-)

BTW Rachel is again a cousin of our Solomon, so that's why we never really looked at her
(here she is with her parents and (some of her?) siblings: https://www.dutchjewry.org/genealogy/ashkenazi/14300.htm)

Offline rutht22000

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 21 April 19 16:21 BST (UK) »
 ;D

Yes, I've just found Rachel and Hartog's births connecting to the Haring parents. 

I'd noted a possible 2nd marriage for Rachel as well beyond Mr Winnik and your link confirms it
Jeacock
Colebourne
Shepherd
Scotter
Sievers
Knowles
Pritchard
Lilley
Hart/Hertz
Woodmansey
Monnington
Thomas (South Wales)
John (South Wales)
Pearce (South Wales)

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 21 April 19 16:29 BST (UK) »

I think John needs to go through the whole thought process of our research starting on page 3 of this topic (reply#25). 

Offline rutht22000

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 21 April 19 16:39 BST (UK) »
Yes, the records do play them out as being cousins rather than Solomon being a Haring brother as do the family stories (that have been a bit twisted down the years!) but your brilliant research makes so much sense in the context of what we knew even without the records to back it up  ;D
Jeacock
Colebourne
Shepherd
Scotter
Sievers
Knowles
Pritchard
Lilley
Hart/Hertz
Woodmansey
Monnington
Thomas (South Wales)
John (South Wales)
Pearce (South Wales)

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 21 April 19 17:34 BST (UK) »

Just a confirmation that those 3 Haring brothers can be ruled out:
Alexander (1821) and Mozes (1826) seem to end up as bootmakers in London.
Hartog (28-10-1824) dies only a few days old (bottom left: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:939D-33NH-X?i=38&cc=2020117&cat=249698 )

Offline rutht22000

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 21 April 19 17:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that  :)

There was a tree on Ancestry that Hartog dying at a few days old but couldn't find it yet (always forget about Familysearch....)
Jeacock
Colebourne
Shepherd
Scotter
Sievers
Knowles
Pritchard
Lilley
Hart/Hertz
Woodmansey
Monnington
Thomas (South Wales)
John (South Wales)
Pearce (South Wales)

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Sunday 21 April 19 17:52 BST (UK) »

I don't believe FS has Hartog's death listed in their available indexes, so you'd need to know how to locate the certificate ... !!

P.S. This research has been all about: when you can't prove that your assumptions are right, you'll have to prove that they aren't wrong    ::)

Offline hereiam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Sunday 21 April 19 19:33 BST (UK) »
This may or may not be helpful.  I believe Liverpool Solomon Hart is my 2nd great grandfather.  According to 23andMe I share a 3rd great grandparent with the person I can trace to Rachel Haring.  That would suggest our link is with that Rachel’s mother Mietje but not further back. It may be possible that that Liverpool Solomon Hart and Rachel Haring are cousins, but then we would not be linked by my 3rd great grandparents (perhaps 4th). Of course, it is quite 23andMe’s estimate may be out by one generation.
With regard to your note: “Liverpool Solomon's mother seems to be Salomon Alexander Haring's younger sister, Mietje (Maria 1792 - 1818).  I think her death triggered her husband Salomon Offenbach to take Liverpool Solomon and his sister Chana (Hannah) to Glasgow.”
The names get confusing so I will only use those that occur on the Geni tree I linked previously. I think you are proposing that Liverpool Solomon’s mother and father are Mieje Alexander Haring (1792 -1818) and Hartog Solomon (Shlomo Swart Offenbach) (1784-d.). The Geni tree shows only one child of that marriage—Judic Hartog Stuart (1816-1817). The dates may be out but somewhere I have seen 1819 as the birth date of Liverpool Solomon.  Is the death of Liverpool Solomon’s mother related to his birth?
In what year did Salomon Offenbach go to Glasgow?
I cannot see on the Geni tree Salomon Offenbach having a child named Chana (Liverpool Solomon’s possible sister).  Where did you find information about Chana?