Author Topic: Solomon Hart (throwing him out to the world ;)!  (Read 8590 times)

Offline hereiam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Solomon Hart (throwing him out to the world ;)!
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 21 April 19 23:56 BST (UK) »
Regarding the notes from page 3: it appears that Judic died at age 2. I wonder what became of Hanna Stuart and her father?
Hartog Salomon Stuart/Swart/Offenbach and Mietje/Maria Alexander Haring children:

I was able to find 3 children:
Hanna Stuart b 10-7-1813 Middelharnis ZH (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6114-2Q?i=46&cc=1576401&cat=109570 )
Judic Hartog Stuart b 10-8-1815 Amsterdam NH (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q2HF-W9F2 ), d 8-4-1817 Amsterdam (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QPWR-2HQD )
Salomon Hartog Stuart b 14-4-1817 Amsterdam NH (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QLW7-M4GW )

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday 22 April 19 05:40 BST (UK) »

Regarding the notes from page 3: it appears that Judic died at age 2. I wonder what became of Hanna Stuart and her father?

Clearly you haven't continued reading the old replies in this post as you haven't grasped the bigger picture yet. Start at reply#25 on page 25 (https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=679362.msg6624835#msg6624835) and continue until reply#46 on page 6. Only read the replies by "TreeSpirit" and "rutht22000", the others are just white noise.

BTW never accept that someone's tree is complete or correct without checking and having seen the primary sources yourself. As you can see, I have given a great number of links to Dutch BDM certificates in order to prove my theories as much as possible. I have already been able to discount your favourite candidate "Hartog Haring" because he died as an infant. If you really think that there are better candidates than Salomon Hartog Stuart, give us the names and we'll look into them as well.

Offline hereiam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Monday 22 April 19 15:23 BST (UK) »
Yes, you are right,  I should have read your previous posts more carefully.

Offline hereiam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday 23 April 19 15:24 BST (UK) »

Here is something else that may or may not be helpful—it relates to Reply #31 by TreeSpirit:
As 3 members of the Stuart family had disappeared after 1818, I’d been searching for all of them. Most of the Hanna(h)s born in Holland could be eliminated, but one caught my eye:
This Hannah was born some time around 1814 in Amsterdam and died in 1901 in Row/Rhu (Argyll and Bute, Scotland). At an early age Hannah had settled with her family in Glasgow where she married a Philip Asher. In the 1838 directory Philip Asher is a stationer and general agent, Mrs. P. Asher is a furrier and they are living at 5 King Street Glasgow. They had a few children with the first(?) one born on 16 Feb 1837 in Glasgow. His name was Asher Asher, an MD who became Secretary to the United Synagogue in London (is this the Rabbi connection?). I won’t elaborate on him as you can google him yourself.
I have found a woman with the same DNA segment that I share with a man who is related to Rachel Haring (b. 1814).  She is a descendant of Sarah Lyon: http://www.ipswichwomensfestivalgroup.co.uk/ipswich-women/sarah-lyon/
This page from Wikitree (I know it may not be accurate) lists the daughter of Sara Lyon as being Unknown Titterman (b. about 1745) and the wife of Moshe Ansell. It lists the name of their child as Ansell Asher Ansell. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Titterman-1
I don’t have the expertise to go further with this. It would be interesting however if a link could be made between Ansell and Asher as it might confirm that Hannah (Haring) Asher is the sister of Liverpool Solomon Hart.

Offline rutht22000

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday 23 April 19 18:51 BST (UK) »
Hi John

Hannah aka Chana (Asher) is the sister of Liverpool Solomon.   I have been able to confirm it through the Glasgow records on Scotlandspeople and Asher Asher MD's story fits with a family story I was told except the story said that the connection to the United Synagogue was Liverpool Solomon's brother, although in reality was it was Liverpool Solomon's nephew and embellished a bit (Rabbi -v- Secretary).  The only thing I can't find is the entry into the UK for the family as the alien arrival records for the right period were destroyed. 

You may have seen the photograph of Asher Asher and there is a great family resemblance to pictures I have of Liverpool Solomon's descendants.

I'll have a look at your Lyon links just now.

Ruth   :)

Jeacock
Colebourne
Shepherd
Scotter
Sievers
Knowles
Pritchard
Lilley
Hart/Hertz
Woodmansey
Monnington
Thomas (South Wales)
John (South Wales)
Pearce (South Wales)

Offline hereiam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday 23 April 19 19:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruth,
Thank you for that information. I did not realize that confirmation of Hannah and Solomon had been made. That helps a lot.
I am curious about the family resemblance you mention. I have a nice portrait of Hannah Hart (Liverpool Solomon's eldest child) and several of her children (my Uncles and Aunts) seem to have the similar features.  Is there some way I can send you my photos and you can send me yours. (email?)
John

Offline rutht22000

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday 23 April 19 19:18 BST (UK) »
Hi John

I've got a lot of photos for Hannah (Gardham's descendants), possibly the same as yours but I can send over others too.

We can't post email addresses on here so I will send you a personal message

thanks
Ruth
Jeacock
Colebourne
Shepherd
Scotter
Sievers
Knowles
Pritchard
Lilley
Hart/Hertz
Woodmansey
Monnington
Thomas (South Wales)
John (South Wales)
Pearce (South Wales)

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday 24 April 19 10:33 BST (UK) »
The online info on Sarah “Lyon” and her family is a bit of a dog’s breakfast. Every site seems to have something different. My preferred (secondary) sources were the Jewish Chronicle and the Jewish Historical Studies.

My best assumptions without primary sources:
1 - We have an Ansell Asher Ansell who died 77y in abt 1835/6 (i.e. b abt 1758) (buried Ipswich Jewish Cemetery). Ansell was most likely married to a daughter(!) of Isaac Abrahams  b abt 1732 who was probably the only child of Sarah Abrahams/Levy b abt 1703 (Lyon was her final married surname!). Sarah died 105y in 1808 (https://www.newspapers.com/clip/20180237/the_ipswich_journal/ )
Note: Sarah and Isaac might have used the surname Titterman but various sources seem to have had them listed as Abrams/Abrahams instead

2 - And than we have a Philip Asher born most likely abt 1800 in Poland and who was married to Hanna Hart (most likely Liverpool Soloman’s sister).

Conclusion: As far as I can see there is no close link between #1 and #2, although this does not meen that somewhere way down the line a person could not have descended from both of them. However, currently I would exclude Sarah Lyon and her family from our research as there is no obvious link to Liverpool Solomon.