Author Topic: *COMPLETED* Private Harry Williams-- 1st Battalion Northamptonshire Regiment.  (Read 7935 times)

Offline Stebie9173

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: *COMPLETED* Private Harry Williams-- 1st Battalion Northamptonshire Regiment.
« Reply #18 on: Friday 02 May 14 00:28 BST (UK) »
I believe that Arthur McNaught was one of two men to serve with 1st Battalion through the entire war (and the only one as both other rank and officer), that in addition to his time with the 2nd Battalion in South Africa and 1st Battalion in India including time as a Musketry Instructor at the Indian version of the Army Musketry School. He also returned briefly during the strikes of 1921 and even re-enlisted in the Second World War at the age of 58.

I have done a bit of research into him already, so if you want me to post or send some details (if you haven't done everything yourself already!) then let me know.

Steve.
Researching : Beeby (Titchmarsh / Peterborough), Brooksbank (Peterborough), Northamptonshire Regiment 1914-1918

Offline artdec0

• RootsChat Member
  • Help! Distressed Genealogist. :o)
    • View Profile
Re: *COMPLETED* Private Harry Williams-- 1st Battalion Northamptonshire Regiment.
« Reply #19 on: Friday 02 May 14 18:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that, Steve. A chap who researches the Northamptonshire Regt just sent me some details, but anything else you have would be great.
Aggio Arno Beetles Bezer Bickham Bowdidge Buck Burgoine Convine Coupe Crapper Donno
Duffee Ellison Elmor/e Estall Fabin Forse Fuery
Garstin Gierth Inns Keilich Keyser Krogman/n
Mourgue Ling McNaught Petty Piper Poupart
Rollins Shilling Steers Thoene Walding Warbis
Wildman Wylly