Author Topic: Service Number?  (Read 3199 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Service Number?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 06 March 14 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Brian.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jackie1854

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi I am currently researching the Lloyd family of Flint. Charlotte Jones, (her sister married a Lloyd),  was Harry Evans' wife.  The family have two letters received by Charlotte confirming Harry's capture by the Japanese and his subsequent death.  There is also a picture of the grave stone, and a picture of a memorial with Harry's name on it. The service number the family have for Harry is the same service record number given on the records you have viewed.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 14:42 BST (UK) »
First of all a very warm welcome to Rootschat.Now that you've given me the name of Harry Leslie's wife it seems they married in 1936 in what is given on North Wales BMD as a Holywell Civil Marriage.

Harry Leslie Evans is one of the most obstinate of my relatives to find info for.Confusingly there are two Harry Leslie Evans' who were born in Bagillt Flintshire at around the same time.Until I found the death in World War Two I had been on a few false trails.I'd very much welcome any info you may have on Charlotte Jones.It is somewhat more difficult at the moment in that the Ancestry Site is down.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline jackie1854

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 17:05 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am confident that the  Harry Leslie Evans buried in Singapore is Charlotte Jones' husband because of the  service number.  I am researching the Lloyd side of the family at the moment and not the Jones side.  I do have some information on Charlotte's parents, grandparents and siblings.  I will ask the Lloyd's if they are happy for me to pass the information on to you. 

Regards,

Jackie

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 17:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jackie,I am interested if Harry Leslie and Charlotte had any children?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline jackie1854

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Sadly Charlotte and Harry didn't have children and she never remarried.  My clients middle name is Leslie and this was as a tribute to Harry Leslie as my client is Charlotte's sisters son.  Sad story really.

Hope this helps,

Jackie

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 17:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Sadly Charlotte and Harry didn't have children and she never remarried.  My clients middle name is Leslie and this was as a tribute to Harry Leslie as my client is Charlotte's sisters son.  Sad story really.

Hope this helps,

Jackie

Thanks Jackie,as for any Lloyds you may be researching in Flint,as Ancestry is down I can't really help as for any in my Tree.I do have 66 Lloyd relatives but unable to say those from Flint at the moment.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Lloydies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jackie,

I have joined rootschat, Charlotte Evans (maiden name Jones) was my mother's eldest sister, I am very interested in Harry Leslie Evans and have a postcard of the 85th Anti-tank regiment which I think may have been taken in Durban before leaving for Singapore. My wife and I visited Kranji war memorial in Singapore around April 17th for the first time this year and laid a poppy cross on his grave from the Flint Legion Branch. It is a sad story as they were only married for three years, I was very close to Charlotte and the wreath was laid on her behalf. His name is on the Flint cenotaph and on a memorial plaque in the Flint legion and the new Doctor's surgery in Flint.

Regards.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 15 November 18 08:23 GMT (UK) »
A warm welcome to Rootschat.It is the Harry Leslie Evans who is my relative.I would very much like any copy of the photo of his Grave.Reply to this twice then after you've posted three messages you can contact me privately.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire