Author Topic: Nathaniel Storm b 1638 Burton upon Stather,Lincs  (Read 2908 times)

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nathaniel Storm b 1638 Burton upon Stather,Lincs
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 March 14 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi brianz,many thanks for the suggestion on continuing to look throught the link to find further info,i have 5 children and there christenings,but may find further info on nathaniels death as i do have a lincoln death,and burial in lincoln 4th apr 1678,which i maybe able to prove is correct,
many thanks
Debbie
Barnes,Driffill,Altoft,Thompson,Metcalfe,Owbridge,
Houlton,Parker,Barrett,Dowse Wild,Kennan all in and around scunthorpe,winterton,winteringham,burton stather,Paull nr hull, Preston nr hull,caistor,market rasen,middle rasen, Storrs -Scunthorpe,Parrett-Hull,Clark -Tealby, Booth,Calhoun- Driffill-Bradford,Londonderry,Ellerbeck- Kirby Yorks,Stephenson- Yorks,Jowett -Thorne yorks,James.

Offline Liam161

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 September 17 18:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, I got as far back as Nathaniel in my tree earlier today. I have his marriage to Anna Pond in 1662, and was just curious if those of you with a few years' headstart ;) had made progress on the likely second marriage to 'Jane' around 1680.
Beat, Breighton, Bullivent, Christer, Connolly, Connor, Dickinson, Griffiths, Harrison, Hill, Hodgson, Hogg, Hudson, Hughes, Kelly, Lamming, Lamplugh, May, McGarry, Mowbray, Nasby, Porter, Quinn, Sagar, Scupham, Thornton, Walker, Winn

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 September 17 19:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Liam,
many thanks for your message, can i ask how your related to Nathaniel that youve sent a message to me about,also which part of the storm/storme family tree are you following as there are several in and around the same area of lincolnshire.so not sure if your connected to mine, as the Storm/storme's are married into my family via Driffill my Maternal side of the tree.
Take care
Debbie xx
Houlton,Parker,Barrett,Dowse Wild,Kennan all in and around scunthorpe,winterton,winteringham,burton stather,Paull nr hull, Preston nr hull,caistor,market rasen,middle rasen, Storrs -Scunthorpe,Parrett-Hull,Clark -Tealby, Booth,Calhoun- Driffill-Bradford,Londonderry,Ellerbeck- Kirby Yorks,Stephenson- Yorks,Jowett -Thorne yorks,James.

Offline Liam161

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 September 17 19:41 BST (UK) »
Great to hear back so soon!

I believe Nathaniel's son Edward (b.1662) had another Nathaniel Storm (1708), who married Jane Norwood. One of their children was called Martha Storm (b.1741) but this is not the Martha that married Stephen Driffil in the same area - she looks to be the daughter of an Edward and Mary Storm whom I don't yet have on my tree, though I imagine they are some form of cousin! My Martha married William James in 1765 and it is through their eldest, Jane James (later Lamming), I'm descended, all the way down (mostly through alternating Marthas and Janes xD) to my paternal grandmother. Nathaniel and Anna would be my 10x great grandparents.
Beat, Breighton, Bullivent, Christer, Connolly, Connor, Dickinson, Griffiths, Harrison, Hill, Hodgson, Hogg, Hudson, Hughes, Kelly, Lamming, Lamplugh, May, McGarry, Mowbray, Nasby, Porter, Quinn, Sagar, Scupham, Thornton, Walker, Winn

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 05 September 17 20:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Liam,
good to hear from you, like i said i connected via my maternal grandparents Driffills.
I have all the other Storms like you surmised they are all connected,
My actual line via Martha and William James as below:

William James (1739 - 1818)
    6th great-grandfather married to Martha Storm (1747 - 1798)
6th great-grandmother
    Patience James (1767 - 1855)
    daughter of William James
    John Driffill (1799 - 1887)
    son of Patience James
    Ralph Driffill (1826 - 1894)
    son of John Driffill
    Henry Driffill (Harry) (1855 - 1923)
    son of Ralph Driffill
    Rose Hannah Driffill (1893 - 1974)
    daughter of Henry Driffill (Harry)
    Frank Roland Barnes (1921 - 2002)(My grandad)
    son of Rose Hannah Driffill
    Patricia Barnes (1943 - )(My mum)
    daughter of Frank Roland Barnes
    Deborah Michelle Storrs (Me)
    You are the daughter of Patricia Barnes).

The actual Storm/Storme family and children that connect seem to go back so far see below im looking into all of these below including all there subsequent marriages and children but the basics in line as they are put on tree via Ancestry site as you add them to your tree,are below starting with as far back as 1609.

John Storme (1609 - 1679)My
    2nd great-grandfather of wife of 1st cousin 8x removed
    Nathaniel Storm (1638 - 1701)
    son of John Storme
    Edward Storme (1662 - 1721)
    son of Nathaniel Storm
    Nathaniel Storm Twin (1708 - 1766)
    son of Edward Storme
    Martha Storm (1742 - 1788)
    daughter of Nathaniel Storm Twin
    Stephen Driffill (1742 - 1827)
    husband of Martha Storm
    William Driffill (1704 - 1794)
    father of Stephen Driffill
    Ralph Driffill (1670 - 1735)
    father of William Driffill
    John Driffill (1705 - 1788)
    son of Ralph Driffill
    Ralph Driffill (1738 - 1822)
    son of John Driffill
    Ralph Driffill (1772 - 1859)
    son of Ralph Driffill
    John Driffill (1799 - 1887)
    son of Ralph Driffill
    Ralph Driffill (1826 - 1894)
    son of John Driffill
    Henry Driffill (Harry) (1855 - 1923)
    son of Ralph Driffill
    Rose Hannah Driffill (1893 - 1974)
    daughter of Henry Driffill (Harry)
    Frank Roland Barnes (1921 - 2002)
    son of Rose Hannah Driffill
    Patricia Barnes (1943 - )
    daughter of Frank Roland Barnes
    Deborah Michelle Storrs(Me)
    You are the daughter of Patricia Barnes

So it looks like they all seem to converge at various points,
as for your original post about Nathaniel and his 2nd marriage to jane this is what i have so far but even though i have the children with Jane there is no actual marriage for them anywhere ive triedm ancestry, FindMyPast, fss, freereg, lincs to the past all sites have nothing,
What i have for this particular family is below:

Spouse & Children for Nathaniel Storm
Nathaniel Storm(my great-grandfather of wife of 1st cousin 8x removed
1638–1701
Birth 29 JULY 1638 • Burton On Stather, Lincolnshire, England
Death DEC 1701 • Burton upon Stather, Lincolnshire, England

Wife Marriage
14 Jan 1662 • Burton On Stather, Lincolnshire, England
Ann Pond
(1642–1678)

Children:
    Edward Storme
    1662–1721

Mary Storme
    1664–1664

Anne Storm

Nathaniel Storme
    1670–1732

Thomas Storm
    1676–

Richard Storm
    1682–

Spouse & Children(2nd Marriage,No record found,

Jane(no Surname or date /place of birth)
    –1783(Death)

John Storme
    1680–1712
    Richard Storme
    1682–
    David Storme
    1683–
    Joseph Storme
    1686–1687
    Martha Storme
    1689–
    William Storm
    –1747
Hope this is useful for you, like i said imslowly working my way through all these so until i have confirmed them your more than welcome to use them all as a guide like i am doing,if you find anything id be happy to hear from you also as you can see its going to be a long haul i think.
let me know if you need anything else
Take care debbie xx

Offline Liam161

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 08 September 17 22:18 BST (UK) »
I see, so it was a different Driffill marriage connection altogether!  ::) I hadn't explored Jane James' siblings yet. Thanks very much for all those details, strange to think that makes us 7th cousins once removed.

Seems like Nathaniel and Jane may never have married, then; there's not much time between Anna's death and John's birth, in the same parish. If they'd both been married before they may have seen little merit in it or been unable to pay/find the time with so many mouths to feed!

I'll return here if I happen on anything new.