Author Topic: Help Needed for Earle Albert Whyte - Batavia, New York  (Read 2291 times)

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed for Earle Albert Whyte - Batavia, New York
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 September 05 16:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Fred,

Thank you very much for that information!  I will have to see what I can find out about Joseph and Inez.

I will have to see if I can find them on one of the census.  Fingers crossed they child is Earle.  That would be so exciting, I would love to be able to tell my mother what her grandparents names were!!

Thanks again,
Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline eillo

• RootsChat Senior
  • 2x G-Gma Sarah Page Simpso born Chilham Kent 1836
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 October 05 01:35 BST (UK) »
Karen

i.ve been thinking about Earle saying he was an American  from New York in 1928, in 1938 says his parents are alive and living in Batavia and in 1954 states that he is Canadian and has no family

All 3 of those statements could be true! It could be that sometime between 1928 and 1954 Earle naturalized - so he WAS a Canadian in '54. His parents could have died between 1928 and 1954.

Have you checked nat. records? Or what about checking the 1940 Registration File too?

http://naturalizationrecords.com/canada/ is maybe the best place to start.

Good luck! I've been hunting in the census records for your Earle but the only child who fits at all is an Earl White age 3 in 1910 living with his grandparents (whose last name I can't make out) in TIoga Co. NY

I tried everything - searching just under EARL* (earl with wildcard). Just under WHITE and WHYTE, with no name at all and just searching for someone born 1895-1910, but nothing except that one child.
Simpson, Fuller, Page, Stead, Caspall, Philpott, Williams, Elvery, Whibley, Fryer/Friar, Sutton, Grant, Allard, Packman, Steadman, Norris, Drury, Boughton, Spratt, Munday, Rabbit, Wildbore

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 24 October 05 02:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Ellio,

Thanks for checking on my grandfather.  He's been quite a mystery for me, but what's maddening is that my mother and her brother just say "oh you didn't ask back then".  I was 3 when he died so couldn't.

I actually just ordered his 1940 National Registration, so I am waiting for that right now.  I can't wait to see what that says!

I will check the Naturalization site you listed to see if he's there. 

I thought maybe that was him in the census living with his grandparents, but never went any further on that lead.

I think I saw you were from Guelph as well?  He did work for the University of Guelph for a number of years and many people in Guelph did know him, he actually painted the funeral home of Skipper O'Drowsky, but then he also spent alot of his time down in the "ward" in the 40's and 50's  :-X ;)

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!