Author Topic: Thomas HILL - Vic.1857 to NSW 1864  (Read 11007 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas HILL - Vic.1857 to NSW 1864
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 15 March 14 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Not at all, muzzy.  I've certainly enjoyed the chase.  It's good to have a search to get one's teeth into  ;D

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 15 March 14 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Hey Murray, don't apologise you are a "NEWBIE" on Rootschat :D That's just me in my usual jackboot way :-[ Tedious was probably the wrong word, it must always be born in mind that a lot of the more experienced Rctrs have more than one post going at a time and it makes it more difficult to get to the point if there is a lot in each reply.

Your first post with your question should be the longest, with every bit of info you can think of. Then the replies will be more to the point and get to the answers much quicker.

It has been interesting, lets hope you are more advanced in your family tree.

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline muzzy bear

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 15 March 14 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Thanks - that's very helpful info - I'll know in future to come out with ALL the details I have on the subject instead of having you guys trying to second guess everything, and search for some details that I already have. P.S. I've just learnt how to "reply" to the various posts to speed things up.
Here's looking forward to my next search with you  ;D

Offline Gordon T

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 19 March 19 07:01 GMT (UK) »
My interest in my family tree is starting to get the better of me again after some time away it as I found difficult to know where to look and sorting out who is who? From what has been discussed is an interesting read, even if I am coming in real late.
This Thomas Hill is my g.g.g.father I have a copy of his death cert. Elizabeths death cert. Adams birth, marriage and death cert's with my grandfathers (Thomas) death cert as well.
We are having a family reunion in April and I would like to have a Tree that other relatives can add their relevant info to what I have. Thomas Hill and his father Robert (1811-1879) are far as I can go without getting totally lost, I think Robert's father is Adam 1782-1842 not really sure after that I have no clue. My tree is;
Adam Hill 1782-1842???
Robert Hill 1811-1879
Thomas Hill 1842-1918
Adam Hill 1879-1952
Thomas Hill 1907-1985
Barry Hill 1941-living
Gordon Hill 1963-living
Nathanael Hill 1987-living
Jasper Hill 2018-living
Just how do find out for sure if Adam (1782) is Roberts father and also to see if I can go back further in history.
Thanks,
Gordon