Author Topic: Elizabeth Rice 1826 Taunton  (Read 6911 times)

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Rice 1826 Taunton
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 May 14 08:53 BST (UK) »

Mary Ann Rice born 1795, living in Bristol, multiple marriages

Offline cooperage

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 August 14 17:46 BST (UK) »
I have just found queries re Elizabeth Rice 1826 Taunton. Her mother is Mary Ann French who married Thomas Rice 19 Feb 1827 Cheddon Fitzpaine,Som. She had 3 children with him:Elizabeth 1827 Taunton,Sarah 1828 Taunton and Charles French Rice Bristol 1830. Her 2nd marriage was to FRANCIS REED 22 May 1834 St Andrews,Clifton,Bristol. Her third was to SAMUEL VENN on 11 June 1837 St Pauls Church,Bristol. Her 4th was to Robert PARFITT 5 Nov 1849 St Johns,Bedminster,Bristol. Her son George Venn b 24 Sept 1838 gives the mother as Mary Venn late Reed,formerly French. Her daughter Elizabeth Rice married her step brother THOMAS REED (son of Francis Reed and Isabella Jones)My great grandfather Joseph Francis REED was from Mary's marrriage to Francis Reed.He was born before they married in 1932,his brother William Henry Francis Reed was born 1835 when he was transported to Australia. If  any more info is wanted,I have quite a lot!

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 August 14 09:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the offer of information. I have another link on here related to Mary Ann Rice born 1795, living in Bristol.

I have got various certificates regarding the family. Our family line is through Elizabeth Rice/Thomas Reed line, they are great great grandparents.

I have details of Francis Reed's conviction for sheep stealing and transportation to Australia and copies of letters to appeal his sentence, one was written by his daughter Mary in 1838. Haven't managed to find any details about his death in Australia though.

Haven't looked for Mary Ann's or Francis Reed's parents yet, I get sidetracked by other families!

Offline cooperage

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 29 September 14 19:24 BST (UK) »
I would love to see copies of letters re Francis Reed's appeal; that is so interesting!  I have the Will of Francis' father PINES REED who died in 1802. Pines married Catherine Barrett 16 June 1778  at St Johns Church,Bedminster,Bristol.  Pines and Catherine had about 8 children but only Francis,Pines.William and youngest daughter Elizabeth were mentioned.

Offline cathy pepper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 05 October 18 19:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the offer of information. I have another link on here related to Mary Ann Rice born 1795, living in Bristol.

I have got various certificates regarding the family. Our family line is through Elizabeth Rice/Thomas Reed line, they are great great grandparents.

I have details of Francis Reed's conviction for sheep stealing and transportation to Australia and copies of letters to appeal his sentence, one was written by his daughter Mary in 1838. Haven't managed to find any details about his death in Australia though.

Haven't looked for Mary Ann's or Francis Reed's parents yet, I get sidetracked by other families!

Today this is the first time I have seen any information on my 3rd Gr Grandfather, Francis Reed!  Would you be willing to share the letters/documents on his conviction, etc.?  Thank You Very Much!!!!

Offline cathy pepper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 05 October 18 19:35 BST (UK) »
I would love to see copies of letters re Francis Reed's appeal; that is so interesting!  I have the Will of Francis' father PINES REED who died in 1802. Pines married Catherine Barrett 16 June 1778  at St Johns Church,Bedminster,Bristol.  Pines and Catherine had about 8 children but only Francis,Pines.William and youngest daughter Elizabeth were mentioned.

Would you be willing to share a copy of Pines Reed's Will?  I just joined this site today and have NEVER been able to find anything on Francis Reed!  This is AWESOME