Author Topic: Evans-Bagillt.  (Read 6086 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Evans-Bagillt.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 March 14 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gadget,yes it is the right ones in 1841 and I found the same death in 1860 earlier tonight!Are you talking about Isaac's children in 1851?The 1851 entry is really unreadable!Of the rest of Isaac's children,Elizabeth married an Edwin Powell.Thomas married a Mary Foulkes.I have nothing for Sarah born c 1846.My Great-Grandmother Eleanor(1849) married a David Conway in Staffordshire in 1870.There was also a son Isaac born in 1852 but who died in 1855.I've also found none of the family in 1861.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 March 14 22:41 GMT (UK) »
The 1851 entry is really unreadable!

I've got this  - it seems fairly clear. I've tried the 1861 but they  must be on a missing piece.

Late now so will havve another ponder and search over the weekend.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 March 14 22:47 GMT (UK) »
I also found the John Evans with the Jones family in 1841.It would really change my"narrative" on Eleanor Jones if he was with her parents in 1841?I'd previously tentatively perhaps had Eleanor's father as an Edward Jones.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 14 March 14 22:50 GMT (UK) »
It was first daughter named Elizabeth which had me thinking and then combined with the John. Family naming patterns, maybe. What were Isaac's parents' names?

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 14 March 14 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks,yes the penny finally dropped with me about the John and Elizabeth Jones and the naming of their first two children!I really haven't been very flexible on this!

Isaac's parents were a Thomas Evans and an Ann Hughes.The Jones family doesn't seem to be a bad one to work with in that John and three of his sons are given as Joiners in 1841.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 15 March 14 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Did you see them in 1891- suggests that someone got the surname wrong on the 1881:

RG12/4606/32/21
2 Bull Cottages,  Gadlys Lane, Bagillt
Eleanor Evans, 67,  Colliery Engine Driver, b. Holywell
John, son, 50, b. Bagillt

I think they might have got the occupations mixed up on this one!

I've lost confidence in the local enumerator  ::) ::) ::)

Gadget

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 15 March 14 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Ugh - but that one who you found who married Anne

RG12/4606/51/11

Also a Stationary Engine Driver, b. Bagillt

No family names among his children.

Have you got them on the earlier censuses?

Only the two on the 1881 - the one in Gadlys Lane with Ellin and the one with Anne!

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 15 March 14 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gadget,I think John Evans is the one with "Ellin" in 1871,1881 and 1891.He is living alone in 1901 and I believe he is the John Evans showing as born in c 1843 in the Workhouse in 1911.So apart from 1861 I think I have him in every Census.

The 1841 entry though,which I had noted for quite some time now,does clearly I realise now show him with his Grandparents.The Jones' show in 1851 with all family apart from John Evans as in 1841.

The 1881 Census entry of the shown Jones son Edward born in c 1817 shows him to have a previously married sister Elizabeth Jones born in Holywell in c 1822.The Elizabeth I can't quite nail in the earlier years.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 09:35 GMT (UK) »
I've continued looking for earlier info concerning the Elizabeth Jones.In looking at 1851 Census entries,I became very curious about an Elizabeth Jones showing as a Widow with children,John aged 3 and Robert aged 1,both given as born in Holywell.
HO107/2500/338/53. 

I then looked for further info concerning these children and it very much seems that I hit the jackpot with a John Jones given as a Joiner,born in Holywell in c 1848 and showing as a Nephew living in Salford Lancashire in 1871.He was showing as the Nephew of a John Jones born in Holywell in c 1826,a Joiner living with his wife Ann.
RG10/4016/126/10.

I have a very strong theory that Elizabeth married an Elias Jones in what is  shown on North Wales BMD as a Holywell Civil Marriage in 1846.There is also a death showing in the Holywell District in the Jan/Feb/Mar quarter of 1851.

As for John Jones(c 1826) who was showing in 1871 it appears he married an Ann Payne at Manchester St John in 1853,the marriage entry shows John as a Joiner and the son of a John Jones a Joiner!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire