Author Topic: 1841 Census CHESHIRE MALE FAMILY  (Read 478 times)

Offline Dave Male

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1841 Census CHESHIRE MALE FAMILY
« on: Wednesday 22 June 05 23:08 BST (UK) »
I would be grateful for any information regarding the Male Family
in the 1841 Census with CharlesMale as the Head, Sarah as wife, and possible children at the time Charles c1828, Ellen, c1832, John c1835, William c1837, Elizabeth c1839, and Mary Ann c1840 with others possibly older.
I have most of the information from 1851 by when Charles Senior had died (1845) and Sarah had remarried John Brien and living in Neptune Street, Birkenhead. I believe Sarah was from Shropshire. Of the children John, William, Elizabeth, and Mary Ann were Birkenhead born the others 'out of county'.

I also wonder if there is any obvious link with the Male/Thorburn enquiry made before.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Kind Regards - Dave Male
P.S Certficate received today (23/6/05) for Sarah the daughter, showing birth 18/6/1845 at 26 Neptune Street, Birkenhead.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Names: Brown; Robson; Davis; Male; Dowman; Harber; Tyler; Peirce; Schramm; Jarrett; McCarthy; Cox; King; Olley; Pease; Aked; Wharton; Stanley; Rudland; Grigsby; Such<br />Areas: Essex;East London; Birkenhead; Staffordshire; Shropshire; West Yorkshire; Cambridgeshire; Norfolk; Newcastle; Kent

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census CHESHIRE MALE FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 June 05 15:18 BST (UK) »
Hi
   There is no Charles and Sarah around at all, sorry. On the 1851 where Sarah is married to a John Brian they have children born in Liverpool, have you tried there.

Peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Dave Male

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census CHESHIRE MALE FAMILY
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 June 05 09:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you for looking Peter

Liverpool next then! Thanks for the suggestion - or perhaps Birmingham where I have found the son Charles to have been born. Working in the ship building and/or boiler making industry, they do seemed to have travelled around the shipping areas - Isle of Dogs (Docks) London, and Devonport also.

Kind Regards - Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Names: Brown; Robson; Davis; Male; Dowman; Harber; Tyler; Peirce; Schramm; Jarrett; McCarthy; Cox; King; Olley; Pease; Aked; Wharton; Stanley; Rudland; Grigsby; Such<br />Areas: Essex;East London; Birkenhead; Staffordshire; Shropshire; West Yorkshire; Cambridgeshire; Norfolk; Newcastle; Kent